My wife and I stayed and got married here in January, and we invited 21 of our closest friends!
The resort is great, big enough to provide amenities, small enough to be intimate. By the end of the trip, many of the hotel staff recognized us and our guests.
The grounds were immaculate and very well maintained. The rooms were comfortable (But watch for tiny ants in some rooms). You could also see whales jumping in the ocean from your rooms (if you faced the Ocean). I would recommend getting an ocean view, it really is worth it.
The Wedding was quite beautiful. The Reception did get rained out, but the hotel allowed us to stay in the banquet hall instead. Unfortunately the sound system was having issues, and no one was able to fix it.
Be warned though, Kauai (including this hotel) shuts down around 10pm. My guests got a little rowdy and we had to be asked to leave around 11 for the reception(But we started early, and we were jet lagged, so it wasn't so bad). A great thing about this place is the proximity to the "Tree's" Lounge. If 10pm is a little early for you to call it a night, it's a quick walk to this nightclub/lounge which was open later.
Food was great, prices are a little steep, but not astronomically so.
Overall a great value. I would definitely come back, and often you can get a great deal for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located on 10 beachfront acres amid a century-old coconut grove, this deluxe oceanfront resort hotel offers breathtaking views, spacious suites and open-air dining. Centrally located, many movie production crews choose to stay here as it's minutes from anywhere on the island. It's an excellent base to explore and discover the natural beauty that the Garden Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Kauai at Coconut Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Resortquest Kauai Beach Makaiwa
- Aston Resort Kapaa
- Waipouli Beach
- Resort Quest Kauai
- Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Kapaa