Most people would agree, a 5-day trip to Kauai from the mainland is not enough time to really wind down from work and enjoy, but it's what we had. My husband and I wanted to celebrate a special birthday in a special way and we took advantage of a package offer to experience Kauai again; not our first time there, but our first at this hotel. We experienced breakfasts, lunch and dinners in the on-site restaurant and lounge, and all were excellent quality. The table wait service was a 9 on a scale of 10, and the hotel staff quickly took care of a minor room issue. The courtyard is well laid out with pool, spa, elegant 'fire pit' area, nearby bar/grill, and lots of seating areas on and near the beach to enjoy your morning cup of coffee or tea. In addition to your little coffee maker in the room, free coffee and hot tea were supplied in the small market area by the front lobby. The hotel is right on the beach south of Kapaa, just north of the Coconut Marketplace shops (some were closed due to the economy, but many were open and we snagged a few bargains and a beautiful Bamboo Cay Christmas-theme Hawaiian shirt for my husband to wear this holiday). A sandy, surf-side walking path goes from the Wailua River bay south of this hotel to just north of it, allowing tourists and locals alike to get a short walk in before breakfast, or an evening stroll. Many rooms have ocean views; if possible, ask for one of the ocean-facing rooms at the end of the halls to get the full effect.
Very close to this Marriott Courtyard is a 'Foodland' for all your little needs once you get there. There are also several other restaurants in the area within short driving distance within Kapaa if you don't want to eat on-site the whole time.
Only areas we experienced that needed work were the slightly overworked check-in staff who most times had a small line that kept you waiting, and the spa maintenance, which was down for part of our stay. I would definitely consider going back again with all the positives this location offered for the $.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located on 10 beachfront acres amid a century-old coconut grove, this deluxe oceanfront resort hotel offers breathtaking views, spacious suites and open-air dining. Centrally located, many movie production crews choose to stay here as it's minutes from anywhere on the island. It's an excellent base to explore and discover the natural beauty that the Garden Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Kauai at Coconut Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Resortquest Kauai Beach Makaiwa
- Aston Resort Kapaa
- Waipouli Beach
- Resort Quest Kauai
- Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Kapaa