As this is a review of the resort itself I can only comment on the limited contact with resort employees. We rented a condo here and everything was handled thru a rental agency. The resort does have units you can rent directly from them.
The grounds were well kept and employees were very friendly. We did have one problem with another tenant violating the no smoking rule and filling our unit with smoke. We were located right above them and from smoking on the Lanai it came right up into our unit. There is a no smoking rule on the complex coupled with a $ 450. fine. If they catch u in a owner owned condo you also lose your security deposit. The matter was handled by the resort immediately upon us reporting it.
Other than that the complex was very nice and quiet. The beach is not really the best for swimming but you can drive just up the street to Lydgate Park and swim where there is a rock breakwater.
Parking is a problem if you return late in the evening. All the spots will be taken and you will have to contact security or the desk and park at one of the complexes next door with an overnight pass. The plus is that there is no daily parking fee.
I might mention that there are no evaluators and you will have to use the stairs to lug you luggage up and down to your room. The buildings are three stories tall so if you have a mobility issue you
need to take that into consideration on booking a unit.
Overall the price and value for these units is great if you are budget minded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This oceanfront resort offers guests contemporary island-inspired decor, six acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, a sparkling pool and a stunning beachfront location. Enjoy the convenience of the adjacent Coconut Marketplace's 60 boutiques and restaurants. Oceanfront location and plantation-style charm make this relaxing resort the most enticing retreat on Kauai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Aston Islander on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Islander On The Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Resortquest Islander Beach Kauai
- Islander Beach Kauai
- Aston Islander On The Beach Kauai/Kapaa