My new wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. We had a great time, but there are some things travelers should know before staying here.
The bad news first.
1. The bar area closed really early. If you want to have cocktails at night, be prepared to go somewhere else or bring your own to the beach.
2. We didn't see anyone swimming in the ocean as the current was pretty rough.
3. The brand new toaster didn't work.
4. There were a few days when we had to remind housekeeping to clean our room.
The good news.
1. The location was great. You could walk to a grocery store to get said cocktails and other food. It was also a pretty quick drive to anywhere on the island. Restaurants were also a short drive away.
2. The room had a great kitchen so you could cook for yourself. There was also a washing machine and free internet access.
3. The pool area was really nice, and the kids we saw seemed to have a great time.
4. We didn't get anyone asking us about buying into the timeshare.
All in all, the property is still a work in progrss (they were building a new salon when we were there.) That said, I would consider going back to that property on a return trip.
Hope this helps and have a great time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Waipouli Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Waipouli Beach Resort And Spa
- Outrigger Waipouli Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Outrigger Kapaa
- Kapaa Outrigger
- Waipouli Beach Resort Kauai/Kapaa