“Perfect wedding location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Kapaa
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Perfect wedding location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I selected Kauai and Waipouli Beach Resort as our destination wedding location. We were a bit nervous because we only saw photos and read reviews off trip advisor. As we were driving from the airport, I was wondering if we should have done a pre-wedding visit because we asked 65+ of our friends and family to fly out here. Rest assured...this was the perfect destination wedding location. Gorgeous backdrop, great service, and beautiful suites...

The reasons why we selected Waipouli:
- ability to have reception and ceremony all in 1 location
- Oasis received great reviews and the circular set up makes it more intimate yet spacious at the same time.
- water slides! perfect for kids
- renovated suites - includes full kitchen
- washer and dryer (we were traveling directly to our honeymoon so needed to do laundry to avoid overpacking)
- LOCATION (across the street from Safeway and a 15-20 minute drive from the airport)

The service is impecable. We had asked the front desk to help pass out the welcome bags, and they did it perfectly. They also prepared their own welcome bag for my husband and I. Jill (reservations) helped each of our guests book their rooms/suites. I only received compliments on the wonderful service and aloha spirit that they received when booking their rooms and checking in.

Also, The Spa gets 5 stars on their own! The price is very reasonable and they are wiling to work with you. One of my best friends fly in the day of the wedding. She is a recent mother and hasn't had time for herself. She came in last minute and the spa squeezed her in and gave her a special discount. Rocky did my mani and pedi. Isa did my hair and makeup. I forgot to bring the photos of hairstyles that I was thinking about for the wedding. Isa asked a few questions and came up with something much better than what I expected. No test run needed for hair and makeup ;)

A couple of things to think about...
- since it is a condo setup, there isn't daily housekeeping. It is every 3 days.
- the hotel rooms are all handicap accessible, which we were not informed of...
- great pool set up if you aren't look for a lap pool..a lot of kids so if you are allergic to them...this is not the place for you
- Gym is a bit small and oddly set up, but you can always run outside on the beach.

Room Tip: Reserve an ocean front or pool view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

872 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The condo was beautiful 2 bed 3 bath! Loved it except the air conditioning was loud. Granite and travertine. Across the st from McDonald's and Safeway and Starbucks. I probably wouldn't stay here again even though the service was excellent and the pool was perfect for the under 9 group. My kids are 12 and 17 and never even went swimming. They love to swim in the ocean so we have to drive. I loved the kiahuna plantation because of the access to swim able beaches. It depends on what your looking for. We like to go old school.

• Stayed November 2012
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The condos are nice and the location makes them worth the money, especially if you have children and are in need of a condo as opposed to a hotel. Having always stayed at the Marriott, we were a little put off by the lack of swimable beach and the bizarre setup of the pool, which seems more like a lazy river without any water movement. On the other end of the pool, you have a granular beach and slides which entertained the kids for hours. Across the street, and a real plus for this hotel, there is a grocery store, a pharmacy, an ABC Store and a number of fast food restaurants. Location wise, you couldn't beat it for access to either the northern (Princeville) or southern (Poipu) parts of the island. All in all, a pleasant stay but I still prefer a beautiful beach to swim in while I'm in Kauai.

Room Tip: Choose at least a partial ocean view or you may be looking at the mini mall...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were pleasently surprised, when we arrived at the resort. Much better than expected. This is our 3rd trip to Kauai and this is by far the nicest condo complex we've booked. We stayed in a 2bdr/3bath condo. Very spacious and modern, with all the amenities you would expect. The pool/lagoon is spectacular. Conveniently located, Across from Safeway and Foodland. Our only issue was with the first so called Gardenview room we were given .... Our view was of the parking lot. Fortunately we were able to switch on the second day. Made a world of difference. I would make sure to ask when booking. B101 : parking lot vs B102 actual garden.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

It's always good when you check into your accommodation and you can't help but give yourself a little high-five for making a great choice. My husband and son (2.5 years) recently stayed in a 1 bedroom condo and loved it.

We were in a partial ocean view room (I think it was room D210) and found the decor and overall facilities within the room to be great. The pool however was the highlight of the property and is perfect if you are travelling with kids. While the beach was lovely to walk along, its not really the best for swimming. However this didn't really matter as the fabulous Lydgate Beach Park (and its beautiful ocean pool) were 5 minutes drive down the road.

There's a shopping complex across the road, with a Safeway, drugstore, restaurants and other retailers. It was incredibly convenient for stocking up on essentials while we were there.

I'm more used to staying in hotels rather than condo complexes and was somewhat disconcerted by the lack of interaction with staff. The concierge desk was more a 'tour sales' desk and I almost felt like I was inconveniencing the staff member when I asked questions about things to see and do on the island. My only other (small) complaint is that when I wanted to do a load of laundry before we headed off on the next leg of our trip, I had to buy a large bottle of detergent...just so I could do 1 load. It would be great if each condo could be equipped with detergent or if single use sachets could be purchased on site.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Trabuco Canyon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Myc husband & I srayed here for one week. We liked everything about it, except shower head in main bbathroom. The king-size bed was very comfortable, kitchen was spacious with a nice refrigerator, loved balcony with partial ocean view, gym was excellent as was swimming pool & jacuzzi. Beautiful pool area with a barb-que. The only thing I did like was the location to Poipu where a lot of the activites were. Took forever to drive there on the two-lane road and construction was going on & low speed limit throught the island. I would rent a smaller than full-size car next time. I also liked close proximity to airport.

• Stayed October 2012
Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Awesome condo! Couldn't have asked for better! New appliances, beautiful, stylish room! Sunken roman tub for2 Short walk to beach! Beautiful grounds. We have done a lot of traveling and this is by far the best condo we have ever stayed and most affordable. When we were so happy when we opened the door on arrival. More that what we ever expected! Definitely recommend this condo to anyone!

Room Tip: F301 is the room we stayed . No view of the beach
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Waipouli Beach Resort? Share your experiences!