“Good Italian Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Pasta Kapaa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 105 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none (highway frontage)
Description: We are family owned, chef driven restaurant specializing in Italian comfort food while offering upscale contemporary daily specials. Our KP Lounge features handcrafted signature cocktails, a boutique wine selection, quality beers & unique tapas menu. We appeal to families, couples, visitors and locals alike. We can offer a private banquet dining room, or entire restaurant buy-out for special occasions or corporate events. We strongly recommend reservations, but gladly welcome walk-ins. We look forward to serving you!
Clearlake
“Good Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant, the first time being 3 years ago on my first visit to Kauai. My last visit I had the pesto pasta, which was so good I told myself I had to come back. Both times I have eaten in the lounge. Service is quick and friendly. This visit I had the chicken parmesan. Although It was not as good as the pasta, I still enjoyed it. What I found unusual is that you can pick different sauces for the pasta that came with your chicken parmesan. I'm used to having red sauce so that is what I picked, but wished I would of tried the alfredo instead. Prices are reasonable. Location was within walking distance of my resort, which made it simple to have a drink and not worry about driving. Highly recommend.

Visited November 2013

Kalamazoo, MI
“Butternut ravioli was to die for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

When we arrived we were promptly seated in the back room and our server, Travis, was at our table shortly. The wine selection seemed to be pretty good and we began with salads. I had a house salad and my wife had the baby spinach salad, both were delicious. I just had water to drink for my meal and I noticed that the staff was really on top of keeping my glass full (and I was quite parched from a long day of hiking) so kudos on the excellent service.

For the main course my wife had the butternut squash ravioli. I managed to trade her a ravioli for a piece of garlic bread (also delicious) and she and I agreed that it was to die for, almost tasted like a desert. She ordered the appetizer portion to go along with her large salad and thought it was a perfect portion, anything larger would have been too rich.

I, on the other hand, had the chicken Parmesan with a side of linguine and meat sauce. The meat sauce was very good and had somewhat of a smoky flavor that I couldn't quite place. The chicken breast was very large but was over-cooked. It wasn't bad, but not anything I'd order again.

We didn't have desert and had great service up until it was time to pay the check. It took quite a while for Travis to cash us out. Overall we received very good service throughout.

We'd return again, and I'd definitely have the butternut ravioli and whatever maximizes the serving of garlic bread :)

home
“Italian on the islands”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Went with family and everyone enjoyed the meal. Butternut squash ravioli was great for starters and the house salad. The chicken and spaghetti were a hit but the meatballs were just average at best. Service was friendly and attentive.

Visited November 2013
Livingston, Montana
“Heavy on the garlic... but still mighty tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The wait staff is super friendly, helpful, and efficient... there is off-street parking... and a wonderful asparagus side dish is available here! but...we accompanied a group of family members who are all garlic lovers.... and my husband and I are not... so we didn't fare so well at this restaurant where garlic is portioned out with a lavish hand! However, if we WERE folks who loved garlic, we would LOVE this restaurant... and you probably will too! Try it... they're really nice folks.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
KSkauai, Owner at Kauai Pasta Kapaa, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and let us know your positive feedback! Yes, garlic and Italian food go well together! We hope you will visit us again.
Maui
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Friendly staff. Nice and comfortable for both couples and families. Nice menu and reasonable prices. Food is definitely a 4.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
KSkauai, Owner at Kauai Pasta Kapaa, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit! Thanks for taking the time to review us and we hope to serve you again!