“A Great Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Pasta Kapaa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 105 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none (highway frontage)
Description: We are family owned, chef driven restaurant specializing in Italian comfort food while offering upscale contemporary daily specials. Our KP Lounge features handcrafted signature cocktails, a boutique wine selection, quality beers & unique tapas menu. We appeal to families, couples, visitors and locals alike. We can offer a private banquet dining room, or entire restaurant buy-out for special occasions or corporate events. We strongly recommend reservations, but gladly welcome walk-ins. We look forward to serving you!
Tennessee
“A Great Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

We went to this unassuming little joint on the advice of a friend who lives locally. We went in and were the first to arrive for the evening dinner service.

Wait staff was very friendly to us all (kids especially) and was patient with the small amount of chaos that our party of five caused.

The goat cheese salad was sublime and so surprisingly good that I made everyone try it. The Italian soda was also very good, but I was surprised to see a mountain of whipped cream on it. Not necessarily authentic, but still decent.

I had the House Pasta which had a meat sauce that was incredible. The portion was more than I can handle, and I am 6-foot 7 inches tall and weigh 350 pounds. My wife had a dinner salad and Caprese and she loved it too. My friend had the manicotti which we all tried and it too was delicious and classically prepared.

For dessert, my wife had the apple cobbler (mundane, not special) and my friend had the lychee and raspberry ravioli: amazing and totally unique and singular. Wow.

The thing that really surprised me was how far off the beaten path this joint was...it seemed like all locals, although the waiter mentioned that a local resort sends people over all the time. I was really, REALLY happy with this place and will tellpeople that for an off the resort property dining experience, this is one to go to: unpretentious and GOOD.

Northern Minnesota
“oh, how wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

We had no wait and if we'd had one, no prob for there is one huge,nice, comfy looking couch on which to sit. We arrived about seven pm. We watched as the place filled up soon after we were there. My husband said his lasagna with meat sauce was the best he'd ever eaten. It was smothered in delicious sauce. I had the pesto chicken alfredo. Yummm. They offer no "free" salad as part of the meal; many other restaurants don't either, so no surprise there. The bread was a bit on the tough side. Very professional service and easily one of our favorite restaurants. We were there End of April '08.

olathe, Kansas
“It was good but not great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

We visited Kauai in March 08....we wanted to try this as I have heard some really good things about this place. The day we tried it was the day they reopened the place(they had a fire according to the local paper). We got there about 5:15 and the place was extremely crowded and no where to sit so we just stood there.(very small place)They appeared to be understaffed as they had a couple of people doing several things at one time, and everyone who worked there appeared to be very rushed. After a 40 minute wait we sat down and listened to the 5 different specials they had that night. I had the spaghetti with marinara and then spaghetti with pesto sauce and pine nuts. The pesto sauce was very good, the marinara seemed to be lacking though. Prices seemed fair for Kauai and overall it was good for Kauai Italian food...

Anahola, HI
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

Kaua'i Pasta is, quite simply, the best place to dine on Kaua'i if you're looking for great food at a great price. I eat there all the time and am always satisfied, although the wait can sometimes get long in Kapa'a, since the restaurant is so small and it's always so packed. It's not really a problem, since the food and service is consistently excellent.
The focaccia appetizer is excellent, and all the pasta is wonderful. My favorite is the fettuccine alfredo with the pesto chicken, and for those who can't decide between the house's three sauces, there's the sampler, with marinara, alfredo and pesto.
The Florentine panini is great too, although it doesn't taste so good the next day, if you take part of it home (and you probably will.)
They've recently added some meat dishes, a steak with sautéed asparagus and onions, with mashed potatoes that is out of this world, as well as a veal roulade. That was a little dry, but maybe they've since worked the kinks out.

Michigan