“Should Have Gotten on Ono in Ultimate Kauai” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 105 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Camas, Washington
“Should Have Gotten on Ono in Ultimate Kauai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We almost didn't go there due to the mediocre/non-Ono review that it got in the Ultimate Kauai guidebook (apparently, the most popular guidebook). When another Ono-rated restaurant closed at 8:25 p.m., despite posted hours until 9:00, we headed to the Olympic. We thought that the service was very friendly, prompt, and the food was the best value we saw on the island. The Kalua pork was great, and the fried shrimp platter was so big my wife could not finish half of it. The atmosphere was nice. The tables overlooking the street are nice and cool, and provide an interesting view.

Visited June 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“One of the few places in Kapaa with a pulse.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife lived in Kapaa for 10 weeks, she will attest that nothing on Kauai is cheap or has much of a pulse. That's just not Kauai, so forget any reviews saying it's expensive or dead at times. My kids and I just got back from visiting my wife and we went there frequntly over 2 weeks. All 5 of us have spent time or are currently in the food service industry. We treated them well and we never got bad service. One night they were slammed in the bar area, so I got off my balcony stool and went to the bar to place orders. This saved them two trips to our area to take our order and deliver the drinks/food. Before the night was over they were buying us drinks for the help.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great atmosphere, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We liked this place so much that we visited three times during our stay in Kapa'a, both at the bar and for table service. Excellent every time. Try the kalua pork quesadillas and the hummus.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“1-2 star restaurant priced like a 5 star! Bad service, too.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I thought we would give this place a try since they were always busy every time we drove by. We walked in and 10 minutes into being seated no one had come to take our drink order. The hostess walked by and asked if anyone had taken our drink orders, we said no, she apologized and said they would be right with us. 10 minutes later still no one. So we decided to walk up to the bar and order a drink, the bartender was nice and did a good job but the calimari we ordered was disgusting and tasted like it was from a frozen box dinner. My piña colada was gross, too. We had enough as decided to leave without ordering anymore. I don't reccommend this place and won't be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“We Were Happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We came for dinner. We liked being able to sit at the bar and looking down onto the street watching the goings on. Husband was very pleased with his burrito. I had a Hawaiian burger. Was nice, but nothing great. The food was generally pretty good but just sort of average, if you like. The portion sizes are huge. Nice atmosphere, good service.

• Visited May 2013