“Great Place to Celebrate a Festive Occasion!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Koloa, Hawaii
“Great Place to Celebrate a Festive Occasion!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went to Kintaro's to celebrate a friend's birthday (seems like there were 3 or 4 other tables doing the same!). We had 6:30 reservations and were taken to our table shortly after that. Our waiter was on it from the get go. Our drinks were never empty (to include water glasses) and he constantly checked-in with us to see if we needed/wanted anything else. They have a pretty good selection of appetizers, main dishes, deserts, and drinks and the prices are comparable to other restaurants of this caliber. They even have teppanyaki style cooking (cooking in front of you). The decor of the restaurant is nice, but the layout of the restaurant is lacking. I think they are trying to cram too many people into too small of a space. My chair was constantly being bumped by people/waitstaff trying to squeeze by. Moreover, the fella that would come and clear finished plates from the table would reach over/in-between me as I was eating and I really didn't appreciate his hairy arms skimming my plate.

Overall I highly recommend Kintaro, but because they do so much business I would definitely say to make reservations.

I know I'll be back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lindale, TX
“Really enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The people we were renting our place from said this was the best sushi on the island so we knew we had to try it out. We were not disappointed! I'm pregnant so was not able to enjoy the raw fish, but had my fair share of fried & cooked and it was delicious! We didn't make reservations but were there early enough to beat the crowd. I would recommend reservations though.

Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Japanese restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Fantastic sushi and authentic Japanese cuisine in the heart of Wailua. The first restaurant where I went on a date on Kauai.

Visited October 2012
Left Coast CA
“We liked it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

After reading mixed reviews, we were scepicle about eating here, but decided to try it anyway after several locals suggested it. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The atmosphere is lovely, our server was busy, but efficient and pleasant. Our favorite item was the Bali Hi Salmon Roll.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Issaquah, Washington, United States
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is one of our number one "have to's" whenever we go to Kauai. The Teppanyaki and sushi are so wonderful. Great portions for the price. You can tell how popular and good it is by the number of people, especially locals. In addition to the line that is always present at the door and the waiting area. All employees are very friendly and it's a nice family atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013