This is my second time in two years staying here at the Plantation Hale. I stayed here for 9n days with my two friends in a one bedroom condo in Building D. I slept on the hide-a-bed couch and they slept in the room. The room was rented through a private company renting out the condo. I have divided my review up into the postives and negatives.
Postives: Location is centrally located in Kapaa-in the middle of the island, spacious, clean, renovated, comfortable, clean, laundry facilities close by, 3 pools, hot tubs available, beautiful sunsets at the beach, shopping close by, drug store in walking distance.
Negatives: Lack of Internet connection! This is a HUGE joke. They shouldn't even advertise they have Internet at all because it is non existent. You can't even get reception enough to run a wireless hotspot, because I tried. Poor cell reception by Verizon at this complex. By poor, I mean you cannot surf the Net at all or sometimes even make a call.
During both of the weekends I stayed a large Hawaiian family took over the entire pool and BBQ area. There were probably 20 people and kids who took over the whole pool area, had cake frosting fights, trashed the pool, chased multiple families off, peeing in the bushes, smoking, and made the BBQ are completely unusable for other guests. I have never seen anything like this. We called the front desk and they sent security, who did nothing. We watched as families and children were literally chased off by the ruckus.
Hot tub was too hot, one of the hot tubs jets control was inoperable, pools were freezing cold. No restaurant on site.
Final Comments: Despite the issues, this is a good value for this condo location. The grounds are very clean, but you will encounter issues that you will have to deal with. Pack your patience, but overall good location and value for the condo. I would classify the Plantation Hale as average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Hale Suites is located in the heart of Kauai on the scenic Royal Coconut Coast and steps away from Waipouli Beach. Enjoy spacious one bedroom suite accommodations (738 sq ft) with the finest amenities such as full kitchens and private lanais. Suites sleep up to six people. High speed Wi Fi,Flat Screen LCD TV's with Cable (60 preimum channels)Blu-Ray DVD, Movie library,350 DVD's. Planation Hale has three outdoor pools,(4)picnic and BBQ areas, whirlpool spas, Shuffle Board. The resort offers several restaurants, full Concierge and Activities Desk, mini market, ATM, and a SPA. Located nearby, Golf, Tennis, Horseback Riding, Wailua River and Kayaking,Opaeka'a Falls, Waimea Canyon, Hiking Trails. Kauai's best location and value. great for a romantic getaway, or a family vacation. Our dedicated staff welcomes you with the true Aloha spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Plantation Hale Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hale Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Kapaa Best Western
- Plantation Hale Suites Kauai/Kapaa