First of all Kapaa is a great place to be because it's right in the middle if you want to explore the north side of the island as well as the south side! Kihue is only 10-15 minutes away and 45-60 minutes to Port Allen.
We booked out stay directly on their website and clicked on Packages & Specials. There's a bunch of deals there even for Kama'aina! We chose the rates for AAA and got a good deal. They also have deals for a FREE car rental, but we needed a larger vehicle. Either way the rates are very good compared to the other places we looked at.
We wanted accommodations that offered a full kitchen and this place doesn't disappoint. It was well stocked with cooking pans/pots, utensils, different sizes of dishes/cups. Based on my research, it was also the only place with full kitchens that had air conditioning. Other places only had ceiling fans. Since their was 4 adults and 2 young children, this one-bedroom with 2 double beds and large pull-out sofa fit us well.
We originally booked the basic 1-bedroom, but got an email saying we qualified to get a free room upgrade! So when we got there, we got a the new refurbished rooms with modern amenities. It was furnished very nicely with new furniture and decor. We did feel like we got a higher class room for the price of the lower ones. Only thing that wasn't upgraded was the kitchen oven but it still worked fine. We only ate out once and cooked dinner everytime so we saved a lot of money. This place even has a grill to use so we had some great steaks!
Staff was very friendly. We came earlier than check out time but they even allowed us to check in early once they had a room ready. We came to Kauai not really knowing what we wanted to do but fortunately there was a really friendly lady at the Expedia table right next to the check in desk that was extremely helpful in creating a plan for us! She showed us where all the great beaches for kids are and snorkeling locations. The pools here are tiny but we didn't come all the way to Kauai to swim in a swimming pool so it wasn't a problem. There's also coin operated washers and dryers...something fancy hotels don't have. We were able to dry out clothes before leaving so we didn't have to pack wet clothes.
Highly suggest going to Lydgate Beach Park right in front of Kamanali Playground behind the Aston Resort. There is a perfect snorkeling spot which is filled with beautiful tropical fish. The area is blocked by rocks making it perfect for young children or really anyone! Brennecke's Beach in Poipu is perfect for body boarding! I had an awesome time for a first-timer. Kids could go to Poipu Beach right next to this one. There's a surf shop in the same area with cheap rental equipment.
Plantation Hale fit us very well. It certainly wasn't a 5 star hotel, but if you want to just have a great place to stay with friendly staff, great amenities like air conditioning and a well stocked kitchen that is AFFORDABLE...this is the place to go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Hale Suites is located in the heart of Kauai on the scenic Royal Coconut Coast and steps away from Waipouli Beach. Enjoy spacious one bedroom suite accommodations (738 sq ft) with the finest amenities such as full kitchens and private lanais. Suites sleep up to six people. High speed Wi Fi,Flat Screen LCD TV's with Cable (60 preimum channels)Blu-Ray DVD, Movie library,350 DVD's. Planation Hale has three outdoor pools,(4)picnic and BBQ areas, whirlpool spas, Shuffle Board. The resort offers several restaurants, full Concierge and Activities Desk, mini market, ATM, and a SPA. Located nearby, Golf, Tennis, Horseback Riding, Wailua River and Kayaking,Opaeka'a Falls, Waimea Canyon, Hiking Trails. Kauai's best location and value. great for a romantic getaway, or a family vacation. Our dedicated staff welcomes you with the true Aloha spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Loews Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Plantation Hale Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hale Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Kapaa Best Western
- Plantation Hale Suites Kauai/Kapaa