“A Slice of Serenity” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Kapaa
Hoolehua, Hawaii
“A Slice of Serenity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have only been to Kauai twice, and both times I have stayed with my Ohana at Plantation Hale Suites. The service is AWESOME! The staff makes you feel like family, and are very welcoming. Kama'aina's are welcomed and there is a great sense of aloha. As for the 2 rooms that we stayed in G2 and G6, they were very clean and spacious. In my opinion, I liked G2 better because of the amenities that were offered. Both rooms had dishes supplied and had the same layout, but you could tell that the owner of G2 went the extra mile to keep their guests comfortable.

I will definitely recommend them to family and friends. The guest service agent named Noe was very helpful in accommodating my ohana, and making sure our arrangements were confirmed and prepared.

Room Tip: Rooms located in the rear of the G building is close to the laundry room, and I noticed that there i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Aloha LinaThoene,

Let me start by saying welcome back to Plantation Hale Suites. Yes, we have finished renovation in the interior of our most of our suites and the other suite you noted is scheduled to be completed the next few months. I will share your positive comments with our staff. I am so glad to hear that they were extremely helpful, it is always nice to hear the good comments about our special staff here at Plantation Hale Suites. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Kauai.

Mahalo...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Hoolehua, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have had to fly in for multiple trips and the staff are so lovely and show the true Hawaiian Spirit... the room is very SPACIOUS as well as the service was awesome. My Ohana loves it here at Plantation Hale they make them feel like their at home. Aloha and Mahalo for keeping the Hawaiian Spirit alive

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Aloha Jerry F,

Let me start by saying welcome back to Plantation Hale Suites. I will share your positive comments with our staff. I am so glad to hear that they were extremely helpful and that the maid service was second to none, always nice to hear the good comments about our special staff here at Plantation Hale Suites. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Kauai.

Mahalo....
Waipahu, Hawaii, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Periodically I travel back home (local) and stay at Plantation Hale. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. My daughter, three grandchildren and I stayed one night. I was embarressed that I chose this place for my grandchildren and daughter to stay for the night. When I opened the door the room smelled of fowl odor, musty and of pee. I immediately opened the sliding doors and turned on the ceiling fans and left the entry door open to get rid of the foul smell. It took a while. When the front desk said we were upgraded to a garden view, one would expected green and lush foliageand green grass, DO NOT EXPECT A GARDEN unless it starts to rain during the winter months....you may get LUSH GREEN GRASS THEN. Bathroom dirty, The grout on the ceramic floor tiles of the bathroom someone needs to take a toothbrush and clean it or spray it so it does not look BLACK or LIKE IT HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED IN A LONG TIME. Screen door leading to the so call Garden was difficult to move back and forth and took some doing to get it to slide. Had to ask for Coffee packets and was asked to come to the front desk and get it. Then it did not matter, the COFFEE MAKER did not work properly. AC unit noisy.

We were very hesitate to sleep on the bed and checked it to make sure the sheet was at least CLEAN.

"Newly Renovated" overstated - I have stayed here when it was NOT RENOVATED and I can say that the only thing I see changed is the countertop in the bathroom and new drapery.....other than these two things it is still old and outstaed and pretty much the same before such RENOVATION.

I used to live here on Kauai and I love our island, but this was an embarressment and disappointment. The only thing good about this place is the "Suite" and walking distance to eateries. Trust me, for the price it was not worth it!

Room Tip: I do not recommend Plantation Hale
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Aloha Joyce H,

I must say I was disappointed we let you down on our services. I can assure you that is not the norm and I will share your feedback with our team. I sincerely apologize as we do our best to ensure that our guests are satisfied and we strive to meet and exceed their expectations. We care very much about our guests and their comfort.

I do hope you will return and contact myself or Patti (Assistant Manager) for a reservation. Thank you for your business and your comments.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked this hotel as a bundle thru travelocity. What attracted me to this property was the dististinc NON-MEGA HOTEL look about it. I came to Kauai for my 65th birthday and much needed vacation. I was NOT disappointed at all, I loved that I had a ground level condo facing the beach. I did not have to lug luggage thru hotel mega lobbies, up one of a bank of elevators to a room that faced the parking lot! This is an older hotel, but it had that Aloha feel about it. Yes the condo was a bit outdated, but it was outdated Hawaii style and was very comfortable. I loved the fact that we would leave the glass sliding door open at night with just the screen door...we could HEAR the waves breaking on the shoreline every night..what a joy that was. I would definately stay here again and also bring any of my family or recommend to my co-workers. Great price, great location, great vacation!!! Aloha..travelinmamma!!

Room Tip: Ask for a unit facing the beach, there are buildings that face inward to the courtyard, but hearing...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Aloha travelinmamma2013,

I am glad you had a great time here at Plantation Hale Suites for your 65th birthday. Look forward to meeting you the next time you come back to the island of Kauai.

Thank you for posting such a great review of the property.

Mahalo,
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We picked this resort for our honeymoon based on reviews on Tripadvisor. I paid for an upgraded room with a premium view. What we got was a smelly, outdated room next to the laundromat with a view of the road that leads into the resort. We asked for another room only to be told that nothing else was available.

As far as staff goes, we requested a dinner suggestion at check in and they could not even come up with a suggestion. Thank goodness another guest in line healed us out. We were surprised that this place received so many stars on Tripadvisor. Our experience was nothing like the reviews we read.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Aloha beachgirlx2,

Tienhoven
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

we stayed 6 nights this month at this hotel. Our tour operator selected 3 hotels in Kauai and based on the comments on Trip Advisor we kept this one..
Mistake..
The room wasn't clean properly, spots on the livingroom carpet, dirty kitchen cupboards doors, dirty bath tub, smelly fournitures that look like from the 70's.. this place needs a good steaming /cleaning..
i had to buy febreeze and spray it every day..
cheap this place? if you add tax + daily fee? Looking at some websites when we were there, we could add 10 dollars a day and get the courtyard with beautiful room and Ocean view..
This hotel updated room were at 200 dollars + per night.... Cheap??
So, an advice, Look twice before booking this one...There are plenty of other hotels in the area with clean room and fournitures from this time.
btw, the beach accross the field isn't a proper beach, few meters of sand and too dangerous to swim there..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha natty2013,

I do hope you will return and contact meslf or Patti (Assistant Manager) for a reservation. Thank you for your business and your comments.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Plantation Hale Suites on the (Royal) Coconut Coast are a local favorite on the east shore of Kaua'i. The suites are in the Coconut Marketplace vicinity. And near to Kuhio Highway -- the path to everywhere.

The quiet, spacious suites are well-apportioned, the beds are great, the prices are a bargain, and both shopping & beaches are truly nearby. Family members have always praised their stays there.

If you're looking for a luxurious yet affordable spot closer to the heart of Kapa'a and its amenities, you will consider this to be a low-profile 'find' that will be impossible to beat. That's why their occupancy rate is so high.

So, book as far in advance as you can.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Aloha Lew G,

I was thrilled to read all of your good comments about the property from the centralized location, beds, and luxurious rooms. I was pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations from the time you stepped into your suite.

Thanks again for posting a great comment about the Plantation hale Suites. Look forward to seeing you the next time you are on the beautiful island of Kauai. It is nice to receive such a good rating and comments from a Senior Reviewer. Mahalo

Aloha!!!

Been to Plantation Hale Suites? Share your experiences!