“HOME away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Kapaa
Los Angeles, CA.
“HOME away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have just came from Kauai and I can not wait to go back but only if I stay at this little piece of heaven called Plantation Hale Suites. It is just like being at home.
By the minute you enter the property you can feel it: relaxation is awaiting you. The environment, the decor, the staff...just perfect.
This hotel/suites is located a short nice driving distance from the airport. The room we have, A15, was great, clean, spacious, nice garden view and a very little noisy only if you get bother easily with a light traffic flow (is an island, the traffic can not be bad so don' worry about it). Adjacent to it is the Coconut Marketplace and a few supermarkets within walking distance where you can buy your groceries and cook at your apartment since the kitchen is well equip with everything you may need in case you want to prepare a three course meal. Or breakfast for instance since the hotel provide you every day with some excellent Kauai's coffee (regular and decaf) that you can brew at your own convenience.
One thing we noticed and really like is that this property is very well accessible for handicapped people. The pool in the middle (they are three) is equip with an excellent lift and since we have a disable child in the family, this is something that really got our attention and have us very, very please.
The hotel staff where great. When we check in our experience with Alicia and Noe where as fantastic as when we check out with John Douponce and his assistant.
Before my trip, I pick this hotel based on the great reviews on Tripadvisor and I hope my comments does help somebody else as well.
Thanks Plantation Hale Suite for making our stay so pleasurable, especially to the housekeeping service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Aloha yomole.
Thank you for choosing us as your "Home away from home". Our team will be so pleased to know how much you and your family enjoyed your stay at our resort. It is always our goal to make our guests feel like they are at home. I agree with you our staff is wonderful and I will be sure to share your comments with them, and thank you for acknowledging Alicia and Noe. I enjoyed meeting you at check out. We look forward to seeing you and the family again soon. Mahalo for your business and the fantastic review.

460 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Issaquah, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel manager upgraded our room on check-in which was very nice. The location is very good as there is great shopping next door and a lot of good dinning within minutes. I am able to see the ocean from my room but it would be a couple minute walk. The staff here has been very friendly and overall the property would be considered a good quality economy hotel. My only complaint is that the shower smelled like dirty feet.
The traffic in Kapaa is heavy at times but not bad enough to keep you away. Next year we are having a family vacation to Kauai and I will recommend this hotel to my kids since they are more budget aware. If you want a quiet comfortable place to crash that will leave some cash in your pocket, this place will work.

Room Tip: Take a top floor. I can see the ocean from B building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Aloha spaz4plastik.
Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and feel we were a good value .We look forward to seeing you and the family again soon. I was happy we were able to upgrade you and pleased you enjoyed our new suites. Mahalo for your business.
Aldergrove, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Plantation Hale at the end of April. The layout was perfect for us as my husband and I were traveling with my mom. The suite gave us all sufficient privacy and it was also very clean. The location is perfect if you plan on checking out the whole island as we did. Since the main highway doesn't actually go completely around the island, the east shore is a great central point to access the other areas. The staff are friendly and helpful here, the grounds are nicely kept and the nearby shops make it handy for stocking up the kitchen. We would definitely return!

• Stayed April 2013
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Aloha Kaliyan.
It's wonderful to hear that you, your husband and mom had such a nice stay with us. I don't think I could describe our resort or location any better! We are lucky to have such a nice product, and even a better staff to take care of our guests. We look forward to seeing everyone on a return visit. Mahalo for your business.
Half Moon Bay, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Platation Hale was lovely. The staff is friendly and very helpful! cleaning folks as well. This is our 8th time in Kapaa and first time in this condo and we highly recommend if you are looking for clean, good location and price:)) Its a great value. Easy to walk to restaurants and shops.
Mahalo Half Moon Bay CA

Room Tip: Bldgs. C, F and J some face the ocean or pool and are lighter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha vitasweeta.
Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear you had a lovely stay with us and that our team took care of all your needs. I really appreciate your recommendation and hope we will see you on your 9th visit to Kauai. mahalo for your business.
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Once again I returned to Plantation Hale for this years holiday. We decided to take a Deluxe Suite and were very pleased with the decoration, amenities and above all service. Thanks again to the staff for making our stay perfect as always; we will tell everyone that the must stay with you when visiting Kauai!

Best regards, Greg

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Aloha Greg E.
Thank you for being a return guest. I am pleased you enjoyed our new Deluxe Suite, and I see you found Lappert's. It is a local Hawaii must...Mahalo for your patronage. Aloha.
Sagle, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We think the suite is clean, comfortable and makes us feel at home. This trip has been a dream on my bucket list since I can remember and now for our 35th wedding ann. I talked hubby into it. He came reluctantly, but is having a great time. We loved being right across from the beach/ocean. The accommodations are great, comfy and clean.
The only thing we would change is to get that Rooster to crow at 7 am instead of at 5-5:30 AM!
Dawn, a housekeeper, is top notch! She really goes above and beyond and we can always tell when she cleans our suite. She is really special and deserves recognition for her fine efforts in taking care of our home away from home.
Thank You Dawn! You are so awesome!!!!

Room Tip: The corner suite has great cross ventilation- never needed to run air conditioner or fans. Morning S...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Aloha Anna S.
Thank you kindly for the great words. We are so happy to have been included on your bucket list for your 35th anniversary. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in spite of the Rooster. Dawn is a terrific member of our team. Thank you for recognizing her. She is "awesome". We do hope we will see you again soon and on behalf of our team. Happy Anniversary. Mahalo for your business.....
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stay at this place all the time. The staff is great, the place is clean, Beautiful and relaxing. Love that they have 3 pools to choose from. If you want just peace and quite and there are kids at one pool, you can move to another. The new room upgrades are great. Love the location almost 1/2 to any part of the Island.

Room Tip: This place is a great value. Look for their specials on differant sights as you can get some real de...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Aloha PH.
Thank you for your great review. I am pleased you enjoyed our resort and location. I agree, we do have a great staff and I will share your comments with them. Hope to see you again soon. Mahalo for your business.

Been to Plantation Hale Suites? Share your experiences!