“Always my favorite place to stay in the Hawaiian Islands” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Kapaa
Lisbon, Portugal
“Always my favorite place to stay in the Hawaiian Islands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Once again I returned to Plantation Hale for this years holiday. We decided to take a Deluxe Suite and were very pleased with the decoration, amenities and above all service. Thanks again to the staff for making our stay perfect as always; we will tell everyone that the must stay with you when visiting Kauai!

Best regards, Greg

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Aloha Greg E.
Thank you for being a return guest. I am pleased you enjoyed our new Deluxe Suite, and I see you found Lappert's. It is a local Hawaii must...Mahalo for your patronage. Aloha.

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Sagle, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We think the suite is clean, comfortable and makes us feel at home. This trip has been a dream on my bucket list since I can remember and now for our 35th wedding ann. I talked hubby into it. He came reluctantly, but is having a great time. We loved being right across from the beach/ocean. The accommodations are great, comfy and clean.
The only thing we would change is to get that Rooster to crow at 7 am instead of at 5-5:30 AM!
Dawn, a housekeeper, is top notch! She really goes above and beyond and we can always tell when she cleans our suite. She is really special and deserves recognition for her fine efforts in taking care of our home away from home.
Thank You Dawn! You are so awesome!!!!

Room Tip: The corner suite has great cross ventilation- never needed to run air conditioner or fans. Morning S...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Aloha Anna S.
Thank you kindly for the great words. We are so happy to have been included on your bucket list for your 35th anniversary. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in spite of the Rooster. Dawn is a terrific member of our team. Thank you for recognizing her. She is "awesome". We do hope we will see you again soon and on behalf of our team. Happy Anniversary. Mahalo for your business.....
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stay at this place all the time. The staff is great, the place is clean, Beautiful and relaxing. Love that they have 3 pools to choose from. If you want just peace and quite and there are kids at one pool, you can move to another. The new room upgrades are great. Love the location almost 1/2 to any part of the Island.

Room Tip: This place is a great value. Look for their specials on differant sights as you can get some real de...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Aloha PH.
Thank you for your great review. I am pleased you enjoyed our resort and location. I agree, we do have a great staff and I will share your comments with them. Hope to see you again soon. Mahalo for your business.
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel is nice because it has a kitchen which makes the trip cheaper and healthier compared to eating out at restaurants for every meal.
Also they renovated the rooms recently and they look great: big upgrade! The new furniture is brown wood. Very sleek and modern.
The staff are great and very accommodating.
I enjoy using the swimming pool, hot tub, BBQ grill, and playing shuffle board.
Highly recommended =)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Aloha J C.
Thank you for the kind words. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in our new Deluxe Suite. The response on the look has been very favorable. It sounds as if you were able to use some of our resort facilities also. Mahalo for your business, look forward to seeing you soon. I will also share your comments with our team, they are great!
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at Plantation Hale at the recommendation of a friend, and I'm so grateful to her for suggesting it. I would never have found this gem on my own. It's modest and affordable, staffed by lovely, friendly people. They had an on-site concierge to recommend fun things to do for this first-time visitor to Kauai. It's located just across the driveway from one of the best restaurants in Kauai - the Hukilau Lanai, which is very affordable by Los Angeles standards, and the food is fantastic. It's also located just a meadow away from the beach ... near a supermarket (FoodWorld) so you can stock up. Every suite has a separete bedroom and a kitchen. I spent under $60 at FoodWorld to buy the makings for six breakfasts, two dinners, all the drinking water I needed - plus a six-pack of beer made with Kona coffee. What is not to love?!

Room Tip: Ask for a second-floor room away from the stairs, facing the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
John D, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Aloha Moria 998.
I am so pleased we lived up to your friends recommendation. You mention so many of the touch points as to why our guests return. I too love the Hukilau. I will share your feedback with our team. They are friendly and go out of their way to insure everyone's comfortable. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and your business. We hope you will return soon. Aloha!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My spouse and I are currently staying in H-9 in the Plantation Hale Suites in Kapa'a, on the East Side of Kauai. We couldn't be more pleased with our accommodations and highly recommend this condo hotel for travels looking for a quiet, clean, large, and very reasonable central stay while on this beautiful island.

We come to Kauai often and have not stayed at Plantation Hale in the past, largely because of the negative reviews. I'm glad that I followed my "gut" this time around and gave this place a chance. Whatever issues others have had with this place in the past must have been corrected - the place is so pleasing that we're considering buying one of the suites to have when we return each time to the island.

Our suite has been recently upgraded and remodeled. Very nice new carpeting, warm earth tones throughout, very nice bathroom with separate areas for showering/toilet and vanity. The suite is almost 700 s/f, making it a great home away from home during our time here. There is a spacious living/dining area with a sit down bar that bridges the kitchen to the living room. The furniture is a new European-style decor - comfortable and very functional. Large flat screen TV and Blue Ray DVD, four-top dining table, new sofa bed/ottoman, and lights that are so nice I'd like to take them home. :) There is a great lanai through patio doors from the living room and the bedroom.

Storage is abundant, with a large closet and dresser in the bedroom, bathroom drawers, and many cabinets in the hallway and the kitchen. Tile flooring in the hallways, bathroom, and kitchen is nice for a beach area. All of the windows open, allowing one to experience the incredible trade winds that blow across the islands. There is also central air to help with humidity and warm afternoons.

The bed is quite comfortable and well-appointed with 100% cotton sheets and an abundance of pillows. Furniture in the bedroom (which also includes a TV/DVD) is new, like the living and dining areas. The kitchen is spotless, although the cabinets could really use an update. But the kitchen is fully equipped with stove/oven, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, full-sized fridge, and plates, glasses, utensils, cookware, and bar items. Housekeeping tends to the room every day, which is not always the case in privately owned/managed rentals such as this.

The grounds are immaculate and there is more than enough parking for all tenants. Security patrols the areas through the evening, which helps not only in keeping things safe, but quiet. There are two large pools and hottubs (which we haven't used as we prefer the beach), several grilling areas, and concierge available for guests. Pool towels are supplied to you, as are free videos and any assistance that you need in getting around the island. All of the people working at the hotel have been very gracious, friendly, and warm.

The hotel sits just across a lovely field, leading to a beautiful beach. Can't swim in this area as the rip tides are dangerous, but this location gives you the option of many swimming beaches within a short drive. We hang out on the beach at the hotel and enjoy the waves, thought we go swimming in other areas. Yes, the hotels sits just below Kukio Highway (the main road) which means that the few units on that side of the property are subject to road noise. Our unit faces the gardens with ocean views and is quiet and peaceful. Clientele seems to be mostly couples and a few families with small children. The property is a short walk to the very convenient Coconut Marketplace, with shops, restaurants, and the Whaler's General Store, which offers food, gifts, liquor, toiletries, and just about anything you need for your trip.

The best part - all of this comes at a very reasonable price. Hotels and B&Bs on this island can be very expensive, upwards of $500 a night. But our suite is surprisingly reasonable, especially considering the space and all that you get. I cannot recommend this property highly enough for your next stay in Kauai!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway for a more quiet stay. It may cost you a bit more but it's...
Aloha William E.
I am not sure what to say. What a wonderful review from such a senior traveler. Thank you, we are so pleased you had such a pleasant experience. I love H9. It is very nicely located. We do hope you become an owner and will visit often. I will certainly share your review with our team. I am so proud of our staff. Their only goal is to make sure everyone is comfortable and happy Aloha and Mahalo for for the kind words and your business.
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Plantation Hale is an older resort surrounded by the newer, fancier, and more expensive places. It is an easy walk to the beach and food/shopping at the Coconut Grove Center. The staff was friendly and helpful. The biggest drawback is that the wireless does not work in certain parts of the facility, including our room. There are provisions in the rooms for hardwiring laptops, but that did no work with an iPadd.

Aloha Tim F.
Thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and felt we are a good value, and offered the right location. I believe we have now corrected the WI FI problem. We just installed an upgrade of bandwidth in January to handle I Pads, and smart phones. Over the past couple weeks we have had some problems. Our vendor went through the entire property and quite honestly we had a few modems off line. I apologize that you had a problem. Thank you very much for your business.Aloha.

Been to Plantation Hale Suites? Share your experiences!