We are now seniors and have been staying at Plantation Hale almost every year for 30 years. We have always found it to be the most cost effective property in the area. The property was intially developed in the mid 1970's and has been well maintained. There are 10 buildings of 16 units each on two floors. Each unit has a large patio/porch accessable through sliding doors from both the living/dinning and bedroom. The overall occupancy is a combination of full time residents and rental units owned by part timers.
The traditional decor was wicker/south seas. The recently redecorated units (new drapes, furniture, carpets, bedding, lamps, etc.) is pleasoningly contemporary with a hint of oriental ( I hope that is what the management thinks) and is very nice, indeed. Some units have two double beds and others have a single king.
Kapaa is on the middle of the east side of Kauai and is ideal for those wishing to visit both ends of the island on day trips. There are nearby restaurants and supermarkets as well as a twice a week farmers market, within walking distance.
As with most of the islands in Hawaii there is one major road around the periphery that must handle all the traffic. Over the years this has become a problem nearby and patients and courtesy when driving is a must.
The ocean is about 100 yards across a grassy field. "Scenic View" units face this way. It should be noted that along this part of the coast there is a reef making the beaches unsuitable for swimming. Swimming beachs and parks are a 5 minute drive away.
The outdoor reception area is manned by the helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Hale Suites is located in the heart of Kauai on the scenic Royal Coconut Coast and steps away from Waipouli Beach. Enjoy spacious one bedroom suite accommodations (738 sq ft) with the finest amenities such as full kitchens and private lanais. Suites sleep up to six people. High speed Wi Fi,Flat Screen LCD TV's with Cable (60 preimum channels)Blu-Ray DVD, Movie library,350 DVD's. Planation Hale has three outdoor pools,(4)picnic and BBQ areas, whirlpool spas, Shuffle Board. The resort offers several restaurants, full Concierge and Activities Desk, mini market, ATM, and a SPA. Located nearby, Golf, Tennis, Horseback Riding, Wailua River and Kayaking,Opaeka'a Falls, Waimea Canyon, Hiking Trails. Kauai's best location and value. great for a romantic getaway, or a family vacation. Our dedicated staff welcomes you with the true Aloha spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Plantation Hale Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hale Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Kapaa Best Western
- Plantation Hale Suites Kauai/Kapaa