“Art of great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 105 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: European, Coffee Shop, Café, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An institution for the fine life. In an ancient building in Kapaa we are offering real Italian espresso, small snacks, pretty things, comfortable surroundings, a classic gallery in the second floor, book signing, discussions with artists, ocean view and the ambience of the The Unbearable Lightness of Being. New opening hours. Wed - Sun 8am-2pm and 6pm - 9pm, Mondays and Tuesdays closed.
Prague
“Art of great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Fabulous place for having lazy morning breakfast surrounded by art and tranquility. Yummy omelets, awesome coffee and charming Czech born owner Jana. Delicious quiche and yogurts

• Visited November 2013

Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Another gem you won't regret. This is an artsy place with great food. We were pleasantly surprised and will be recommending this to friends.

La Quinta, California, United States
“A touch of Europe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My sis and I found this ecclectic restaurant/gallery by chance and ate 4 out of 5 breakfasts there! We can't say enough good things about Marcus & Jana and their staff. If you're a fan of European style breakfasts this is the spot. Don't be in a hurry, relax and enjoy, read a book or chat with others at the "family" table.
Everything is homemade and fresh. No "regular" coffee here, try an Americano or other espresso drinks. Portions are ample.
The small staff was friendly and efficient. Everything is Clean. We wish them continued success and when we return we will be there! It's worth staying in the area just to go there.
Thank you!! Becky & Ollie, California

• Visited November 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“My favorite little place to eat on Kauai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We recently spent a week on Kauai and found this place on our last morning on the island. I wish we had found it sooner because I think we would have eaten there every morning! Delicious food in an adorable cafe with a European vibe. The food was delicious and (very importantly!) so was the coffee! There is nothing worse than going out for breakfast and not having good coffee to drink with your meal. These folks take their coffee very seriously and it shows! Next time we are in Kapaa this will be our first breakfast stop.

• Visited April 2013
Kapolei, Hawaii
“More of a yuppy vibe, than a family vibe.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The food was fun and eclectic. Our family of five were kindly directed upstairs to find a table, which we did right away. The staff were all very friendly.

I had the quiche and the croissant with Camembert and pineapple mustard. I wish my croissant had more of the mustard since the exotic sound of it is what made me order it. The Gorgonzola quiche was good. Many reviews mention how light and fluffy it is. In my opinion, it was no more light and fluffy than any other quiche I've had or made myself. My guess is they whip the eggs with some cream.

The kids had the ham and cheese croissant and the yogurt. Both were good.

The prices are fair. We needed to ask for more water and we were short utensils, which we never got more of so we had to share. (They put all of the napkins and utensils in an old glass milk-like bottle. There were three forks and two knives. We had five people. Unfortunately, business had picked up so it was harder by this point to nab a waitress.)

So, here's my take on the clientele: Very yuppy. The staff made me feel welcome, but the other patrons seemed irritated at my three kids, one couple in particular.

My experience with that couple hasn't affected my rating of this establishment, but other families may find it beneficial. It's a lovely and quiet art studio that serves breakfast.

After eating at Kountry Kitchen, this place, and Eggbert's, we enjoyed Eggbert's the best.

Visited November 2013