“Best Sushi ever” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Bushido is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 105 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cross street: Kuhio Highway
Delaware
“Best Sushi ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you're looking for a great atmosphere, awesome staff, and great food and drinks...this is the place. Happy hour has a great selection. We ate here multiple times during our two week stay. I will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“What a waste!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

When we walked in at dinner time and the place was almost empty, I should have known better and turned right around. When they brought me my miso soup and it looked like brownish mud, I should have cancelled the rest of my order and just asked for the bill. When they brought me my sushi and it was sitting in a bath of oil and mayonnaise I should have...well I just shouldn't have come here in the first place. Try Mermaids down the street. It has fresh food, picnic table, outdoor dinning which is fun and your feet wont stick to the floor like at Sushi Bushido. Never again!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kauai, Hawaii
“avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you are looking for an incredibly noisy, overpriced, mediocre meal where the service is nonexistent, this is a must visit restaurant. As a local, it never ceases to amaze me that terrible service seems to be acceptable in such a small town. The food is acceptable, but when coupled with the staff attitude and nonexistent service, it makes no sense to dine here. I took my daughter to eat at Sushi Bushido as she is a sushi lover. We were taken upstairs and left to wait for virtually an hour just to order. The waitress seemed so disinterested that we were stunned and when we tried to get her attention, it was as if we were invisible. The only good thing about the experience is we had plenty of time to talk to the other diners who were equally as disgusted as we were. When we finally were served and managed to get our check we took our bill downstairs so as not to have to wait another half hour to pay the bill. I mentioned to the person downstairs what had happened and she was equally disinterested. Maybe this place relies on tourists for revenue, but as for locals I have spoken to, our experience does not seem to be out of the ordinary. Try Kintaro or better yet the Japanese restaurant at Tip Top in Lihue - far superior food and service and much better value

Visited July 2013
Scott City, Kansas
“Live Music, Good Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I are honeymooning and staying at the Waipouli Beach Resort in Kapaa. I wanted to find a good sushi bar and we decided on the closest, Sushi Bushido in the downtown area of Kapaa. We sat at the bar and enjoyed watching the two chefs, one appeared to be the owner, making the sushi. I drank beer but the hubs enjoyed a few of the Kama sutra cocktails. We started with miso soup, which was different than what I've had at other sushi restaurants and I honestly didn't care much for it. I ordered the butter me up roll and he ordered the lava roll. Both were good but I liked mine better. It was pretty empty when we got there at 6:30, but things quickly began to pick up around 7. A guitarist began to play and sing around then also...very good music and made for a nice island atmosphere. Our waitress was a little awkward but overall the chefs were nice, the sushi was good and the beer was cold. My husband had only eaten sushi once before and now he already wants to go back. Our tab was about $70 not including tip.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Koloa, Hawaii
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Every time I have been to Sushi Bushido I have walked out satisfied and full! Victor has a great menu. The Golden Roll used to be my favorite, but has slipped to number 2 on my list to the Butter Me Up Roll. My cousin came from Japan to visit and I took her to Bushido's and she was taken aback at the different types of sushi rolls that Victor has created. Took my mom there for her 84th birthday and she still talks about it!

Much mahalo to Victor and his staff for a great experience time and time again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food