“Great kayak and hike trip” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Adventures has been established since 1996. We are an all inclusive quality, guided tour company. I am blessed as an owner to have such great guides and employees. We have become a true ohana (family)over the years. Safety is our #1 priority along with exceptional customer service and an unforgettable experience with your guide. Daniel has been with the company since 1998. Aaron, Chris & Thomas have been guiding since 2004, Davey & Andy since 2008. I have an amazing team which also includes our customer service department. When contacting us via phone or email, you will either speak with my niece, Brittany, Val, Bonnie or me. We will make you feel welcome when you visit our shop and check-in for your kayak tour. Aloha and hope to see you soon on Kauai! God Bless! Gayle Mitzel, owner.
San Jose, California
“Great kayak and hike trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We loved our kayak, hike and waterfall outing. Kevin was a great guide, thorough, interesting, friendly, fun, helpful. The outing was a favorite memory from our trip. My husband and I took our two kids (6 and 9) and of course we did almost all the paddling. It was a good workout but do-able. Our four-hour trip stretched a little longer -- as a family we may have held the pace back a little, though we were moving along. It definitely required that you be in decent shape. I noticed an older couple in another group that was struggling to keep up. Lunch was great. The early trip is ideal. Recommended!

Palos Verdes Estates, California
“Wailua River kayaking and hike to falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was a great day for mom and dad and two teenage daughters. Our guide, Thomas, was super friendly and well-organized. He's extremely knowledgeable about the history, flora, fauna, geology and culture of Kauai. The kayaking was fun and easy even for those with little or no experience. We hiked through a jungle-like area after about 45 minutes on the river. We were rewarded with a delicious lunch prepared by Thomas at the base of a beautiful waterfall. Thomas wisely selected a different route to hike back to the kayaks. We hiked along a tributary of the Wailua. I highly recommend this tour and would definitely request Thomas as your guide. A late second lunch in Kapaa afterwards at a hole in wall called the Mermaid (recommended by Thomas) is a great idea. Writing this review makes me want to come back to Kauai.

Illinois
“Kayaking, hiking, swim in water falls, and lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is an awesome trip about 5 hours in length. Even if you never kayaked before you can do it! Incredible scenery from the water and then an easy 1 mile hike to the waterfall. Wear shoes/sandals that you can walk into the water with - as much easier to navagiate the rocks. It's breath-taking cold but such a great experience. Enjoyed a wonderful sandwich lunch and our very personable guide, 'Wavy Davy' even taught us how to cut a pineapple with such presentation - pineapple served in its rim and made to look like oars of a boat! My husband got much practice while we were in Kauai and has continued to use his new skill since we returned home. This trip is a DEFINITE MUST DO!

Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
“kayak and hike to water falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We took our two young children (5 and 7) on this adventure with Thomas as our guide. It was just the right level of challenge for the two kids (guess who did most of the paddling), and a perfect way for our family to get a taste of Kauai's natural beauty. Thomas was laid back but completely on top of things. He was extremely knowledgable about flora, fauna, and local history, pointing out different plants, catching lizards for the kids, etc. At the waterfall, he set up a pretty lunch and helped us take pictures. Waterfall in early April was too cold for swimming. A great memory.

Newport Beach, California
“kayak and hike to water falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I'm confused!! Anyways I want to get it right in whom I'm giving a great review!! Kayak and hiking experience was a highlight on our Kauai trip. Our guide "Kevin" made this experience that much more enjoyable. Knowledgeable, fun and patient. Experienced kayaker, he was still able to give great tips on going tandem. I would of liked a longer hike....too easy!!! Fun day for anyone and even young and old!!! Early morning out is the way to go...easier then heavier currents in the afternoon. All in all.......I give this excursion an "A+" a must do and see!!!