“Great way to spend the morning!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Adventures has been established since 1996. We are an all inclusive quality, guided tour company. I am blessed as an owner to have such great guides and employees. We have become a true ohana (family)over the years. Safety is our #1 priority along with exceptional customer service and an unforgettable experience with your guide. Daniel has been with the company since 1998. Aaron, Chris & Thomas have been guiding since 2004, Davey & Andy since 2008. I have an amazing team which also includes our customer service department. When contacting us via phone or email, you will either speak with my niece, Brittany, Val, Bonnie or me. We will make you feel welcome when you visit our shop and check-in for your kayak tour. Aloha and hope to see you soon on Kauai! God Bless! Gayle Mitzel, owner.
5 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend the morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I wanted to do a kayaking tour while on Kauai, and found Kayak Adventures as it was within walking distance of our hotel. Given we didn't know much about the company when we went there, we could not have been happier with our choice!

The woman we met there was very friendly and knowledgeable about the tour. She explained that the island is in the midst of a drought, thus the hidden falls were barely trickling, however the tour was still running and guides were taking groups to alternative locations. Our tour involved us, one other couple and the tour guide, so it was practically a private tour!

Prior to this trip, I had no kayaking experience, however this was not a problem at all. Aaron (our tour guide) gave great instruction on how to paddle and all the other important things we needed to know, and it truly was as easy as he said it would be! The company gave us some watersafe bags to put food, towels, camera, etc in, so we didn't have to worry about keeping our stuff dry.

We had a beautiful paddle down the river, followed by a walk/hike through some gorgeous forest areas. Aaron was very knowledgeable of the history (both origins and recent history) of the area, and showed us many things. The lunch in the forest was really nice. We had bagel sandwiches, chips, cookies, water, and fresh cut pineapple (nothing quite like it!). We then continued walking and eventually made our way back to our kayaks for a return paddle.

I also enjoyed that there was not a super strict schedule. While the tour was supposed to last ~4 hours, no one (especially Aaron) was excited if we were taking too long looking at things. It made the whole experience that much more enjoyable.!

I would definitely recommend this tour to others, as you get to see the island's beauty in a very unique (and not very physically demanding) way!

Visited December 2012
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Aloha Mrs_Moose56,
Mahalo for taking the time to write a review on our company :)
The lovely lady you are referring to at our shop @ check-in, is Kelly, who is such a sweetheart! She is very friendly & knowledgeable of the island since she has been a concierge for 7 yrs. prior to working with us. She is a valuable asset to our customer service team.
Unfortunately, you were there on island when we were experiencing a drought, which meant a trickle (if that) of our beautiful waterfall. Thank God we have had plenty of rain and it is running full force again!
You couldn't have asked for a better guide than Aaron as your tour guide. (I love all my guides).
He is very patient (being a teacher) and loves to explain things and very knowledgeable of Hawaiian history, flora and fauna.
I am glad you enjoyed your hearty lunch provided by a local small business favorite, Small Town Coffee. The fresh pineapple tops it off, doesn't it? :)
Our 7:45 and 8:45 check-in does not need to be back right away for pm tours, so our guides are able to take their time w/their guests. We like to accomodate our groups.
I am so happy you enjoyed your tour with us and thank you again for recommending us here on Trip Advisor!
Mahalo!

Kauai, Hawaii
“Kayak adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked a kayak adventure and it was the best decision we made!!! Our tour guide was Daniel. He guided us for fours miles on the river as well as two miles hiking back to the secret falls. He was very informative and showed us various flowers, trees, and plants that grew along the way. He also educated us about the history of the native Hawaiians and showed us evidence of where ferrel pigs had eaten wild ginger roots. We were impressed when he cut up a fresh pineapple for us when we got to the Falls for a special treat. He was very kind and patient with our group and made our experience memorable! Mahalo Daniel! Cheryl, Denise, Cathy

Visited October 2012
KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Aloha Cheryl, Denise, Cathy,
A big mahalo for writing a review about our company and our guide, Daniel.
He has been with our company since the beginning & yes, he is very kind and patient with groups and I am so glad to hear he made your experience memorable!
God Bless,
Placerville, California
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome Kayak Adventure & Boundless Beauty - Great for all levels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our guide was Chris who gave us so much information on our trip about the island from history to plants. We had 6 in our group from 12 years old to 47 years old. Not one of us was disappointed and wished we would have booked the trip at the beginning of our stay to be able to book another trip the same week. It was that great! Don't visit Kauai and not do this excursion. It was great for beginners and those that had a great deal of Kayak experience. You should have water shoes that are good for hiking too. You will leave with a memory that will always bring a smile to your face.

Visited August 2012
Aloha Cheri D,
Mahalo for your review on our kayak company and our guide, Chris.
He is very knowledgeable on flora and fauna.
Yes, our tour is great for beginners and those that had a great deal of kayaking experience.
This is a very unique excursion. I am happy to hear that it left you with a memory that will always bring smiles to your faces! :)
Thanks again for choosing us for your family adventure here on Kauai!
Gayle I. Mitzel, Owner
“Great way to spend your day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Daniel was awesome. Very knowledgeable and helpful. The kayak trip was amazIng and so was the waterfall and lunch. Daniel even cut a pineapple for all of us to share for dessert.!

KayakAdventuresKauai, Owner at Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Aloha Ashley F,
Mahalo for your review.
So happy to hear Daniel was awesome, knowledgeable and helpful! (Because he is :) )
Glad you enjoyed your kayak trip, waterfall and lunch-especially the fresh cut pineapple.
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent and professional tour through Kauai's incredible landscapes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went on the kayak tour down the Wailua River to the secret falls while on our honeymoon and had one of our favourite experiences in Kauai. Right from the beginning our tour guide Daniel was laid back, knowledgeable, respectful, and professional. Having some experience kayaking and canoeing, we stayed at the front of the group and enjoyed the quiet and incredible scenery going down the river. The hike through the forest was definitely a highlight of our Kauai trip as the trail takes you through some amazing scenery. We arrived at the secret falls and relaxed for a bit and had some great sandwiches and fresh pineapple provided by Kayak Adventures. All in all, great tour and highly recommended company and tour guide (Daniel).

Visited August 2012
Aloha Gonzoist,
First off, congratulations on your wedding and thanks for choosing Kauai for your honemoon destination!!! :)
As an owner, I love the positive feedback on my guides. Yes, Daniel is laid back, knowledgeable, respectful, and professional. I am happy to hear the hike through the forest was definitely a highlight of our Kauai trip. Thank you again for highly recommending our company and tour guide (Daniel).
God Bless,