“Awesome Fishing Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Lewiston, Idaho
“Awesome Fishing Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The captain and crew were excellent! Personable and entertaining during the slow time and extremely competent when it got exciting. When I hooked into the biggest fish I've ever caught they were right there with helpful suggestions, yet not interfering, as I reeled in the 85 lb tuna for what seemed like an hour. Their prices are great and it was well worth every penny!!! I've owned a time share for over 15 years on Kauai and have enjoyed numerous excursions on the island always doing one or more everytime I visit, this one was the best excursion ever!

Visited February 2013

Salt Lake City
“First time fishing since I was a kid!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I called several companies before settling on Ohana Fishing. I am glad that I chose this Captain and Crew. We started catching fish within 5 minutes of going out. A lot of the other boats seemed to follow us because they saw what luck we were having. We caught our bait, motored out a few minutes and immediately started catching Ahi Tuna. That was all we caught but we caught a lot of them very quickly. The crew was also very good to talk to, supportive of a novice and had lots of good local knowledge. Unless you get sea sick easily, you can't go wrong with these guys. We will do it again next year when we come back.

Visited January 2013
Denver
3 attraction reviews
“Best Boat in Kauai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have fished the waters in and around Kauai for years and Ohana Fishing Charters was recommended to me by another fishing boat captain since I was looking for a shared charter. Lance has captained several boats in Kauai for about 13-14 years and has owned his own boat and charter license for about 6 or 7 of those years. He is well respected in the Nawiliwili Boat Harbor (right outside of Lihue and close to where the cruise ships dock) and he knows the waters much better than most. His boat is functional and is not the glamour big yacht, but Lance and Kalani, the deckhand, got us into fish while other boats were getting shut-out. Lance spends every minute working and there's no down-time with him when the action slows.

We had 6 people, excluding Lance and Kalani, on the boat with varying degrees of experience ranging from pure novices to very experienced. In addition to catching fish, we even saw several whales and dolphin pods. Lance and Kalani made sure everyone had a great time and I would highly recommend Ohana Fishing Charters to anyone visiting Kauai.

Visited December 2012
“One of the finest captains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Lance and crew are increadable. He is one of the best captains I have ever fished with. Value is amazing. The boat is one of the best ever made. I promise you if you book with Ohana charters you won't be disappointed. Thank you lance.
Tails up buddy see on the next one. Keith

Napa, California, United States
“Great Day Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Ohana crew

Just a note to thank Captain Howard, and Kalani for a great trip on Tuesday. I know you are never guarantied fish on any trip, but Howard worked hard to get us on the live bait and then on the fish, as well as entertaining us the whole time. It was great fun and I will be recommending your charter to anyone that may be coming to Kauai.

Mahalo,