“Best Indian food in Kauai” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 105 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Indian, Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Description: 808-821-2333 phone 808-821-2334 fax Located between Foodland and Pizza Hut
Princeville, Hawaii
“Best Indian food in Kauai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Shivalik was a welcome surprise on Kauai! We missed Indian food on Kauai as there were no Indian restaurants. Then two opened up one right after the other. I won't mention the name of the other one but the food was NOT good at all and was way way over priced. Then Shivalik opened and beat our expectations. Then menu is extensive and range of the cooking is masterful. The Palak Paneer and Malai Kofta are my favorite along with the Garlic Naan. They have a great lunch buffet for $13 that they switch up everyday so there is something new to experience every time you visit. I have had some of the best Indian food around the world and can honestly say that Shivalik ranks in my top 10.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Francisco, California
“Food lovers paradise shivalik indian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

i visited kauai island recently for a vacation we were suprised to find such a nice indian restaurent . the food was delicious, me and my wife felt like heaven on earth; at last we found our perfect tasty indian food that we where searching. the price is very reasonable we had lunch buffet for $ 13.95 and dinner buffet for $ 16.95. my was very happy because she did not have to cook for the whole stay in island. i found my tajmahal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kauai
“An excellent and welcome addition to Kauai dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Delicious food found no where else on the island. Friendly staff. We have been dreaming of having a fine Indian food restaurant on Kauai.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kapaa, Hawaii
“We are fortunate to have a restaurant of this caliber on Kauai, much less Kapaa.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

While I don’t consider myself an authority on Indian Food, I do know great tasting food.
I would suggest that Shivalik Indian Cuisine ranks easily in the top ten restaurants on Kauai.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“Please don't waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

We ate a late lunch at Shivalik Indian Cuisine. Upon our arrival they were removing the buffet, which looked like it had been sitting a few days. We believe that our EXTREMELY DRY FOOD was reheated from the buffet. My meal was curry in which I believe was priced around $20.00 or so served without rice and arrived in a bowl the size of a small desert bowl. Our best guess was less than 1/4 cup in the bowl. We though at first that their was a mistake but the staff assured us it was not a mistake. The staffing was not rude directly to us but was very disorganized and complacent. They complacent that there were a few customers in the restaurant and went on with their repeated personal cell phone calls, throughout our meal in which I did eat but a few bites. $60.00 for lunch and we left the food behind. My husband did try to chock down his chicken.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere