“REFRESHING SHAVED ICE” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Independence, Missouri
“REFRESHING SHAVED ICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

You must try the shaved ice here; it is so good and for an extra treat add a scoop of icecream to it. BIG portion! WOW; a must do while on Kauai.

Visited July 2013

Stockton, California
“If you are looking for the best Hawaiian Snow, look no further.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This store in on the Main Street in Kapaa. Go slow through town or you will miss it. They have the best Hawaiian Snow, by far. There is no lines because the counter is inside the store. Be sure to have it with ice cream on the bottom. Don't worry about calories, it's a " vacation weight". They also have very nice gifts. Stop in and enjoy.

Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Mmmmm...POG....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped by Hee Fat General Store for their shave ice. Of course. I ordered the POG (passion fruit, orange, guava on coconut ice cream) and my husband ordered the Lava Flow. We both really loved our shave ice, but we didn't realize how incredibly good it really was until we tried shave ice at other places are Kauai and Oahu. Hee Fat was, by far, the best that we tried. Well worth the stop. The gift shop also has some unique finds that I wished, later, I would've bought as I didn't find the same things anywhere else.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“Best shave ice on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Never thought I would be writing a review about shave ice because frankly I thought they were all pretty much the same. I couldn't have been more wrong. Unfortunately for us this was the first shave ice we enjoyed on this trip. All others afterwards, including recommended, didn't compare. Hee Fat shave ice literally melts in your mouth. As the ice melts it doesn't create an ice snowball requiring sharp jabs to break up. Syrup flavors are tasty too. I think think this was also the place where you could get all natural juice flavors too. Shave ice over macadamia nut ice cream was also recommended. I was a little hesitant but it was Yummy!!!
Fortunately for us we ended our shave ice tasting on a high note Hee Fat was the last we enjoyed before returning home.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingman, Arizona
“Very refreshing - love the real fruit flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hee Fat General Store is a fun stop. I don't know what I was expecting but it was a lot nicer. The gift part was fun to look through but that was good since there was a wait for the shave ice.

I loved how fine the ice was. It reminded me of when I was little and would eat snow. We elected to go with the natural fruit flavor and were happy with the taste. I go the additional mac ice cream in the bottom of mine. My favorite bites were where the fruit flavors and melted ice cream combined. A place to sit is a problem after you get your shave ice but we just walked down to the beach.

We did see someone getting the root beer float shave ice and I have to say that is the one I was planning if we had gotten time to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere