“Great Ahi Poke Salad.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Ahi Poke Salad.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After reading other reviews, I checked out this market. I was pleased with the quality of the food. I ordered the ahi poke saland and ocean salad. Both were excellent. Highly recommend.

Visited September 2012

94% Recommend
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good omiyage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Found this place by accident when stopping to dine at Ono Family Restaurant. Easy on-street parking (and no parking meters). Heard that the manju was good stuff to bring back home as omiyage. The helpful counter person suggested a mixture of their different manju - black sugar, sweet potato, coconut and apple - all were very delicious! They even package it very well to take back home on the airplane. Happy to have found this place. Need to return on our next trip to try their poke and other delicious looking foods.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fremont, CA
“A Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Imagine your favorite local market, you know the one with the killer deli counter in back? Pono Market is all that, and more! They have local Kauai specialties, and all the Island staples. For the less "food adventurous", try the Teriyaki Meatloaf on Wednesday and Saturday, served with "two scoops of heaven" rice and Macaroni salad. It's cheap and good and a LOT of food! My wife had the Pineapple Chicken and said it was to die for. This place is worth more than 5 stars, but that's all we could give it. Highly recommended and WE will be back! Yumm!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
cincinnati ohio
“Our All TIme Favorite Place For A Plate Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Love Pono Market! Family owned, with the family working there greeting and helping you.These are nice people! They work hard, and still manage to be warm and friendly to their customers. We went in to pick up a plate lunch. Hubby wanted more poke, and I had a taste for some fried chicken. I asked if they had dark meat on the bone, because I saw strips or tenders available( I'm not a fan of any type boneless chicken chunks, tenders, balls, tidbits, strips...etc).
This adorable guy said no. So,I decided to go with the teri meatloaf instead. But, then he surprised me with a sample of their fried chicken. OH MY GOSH! It was out this world! It was homestyle fried chicken crunchy goodness, and the chicken itself, tasted like it had been marinated with some ginger. It was sooo good. Well, we ordered a teri meatloaf plate and a sesame poke plate with an ocean salad...and a large side of fried chicken to go! The teri meatloaf is delicious. Highly recommend the meatloaf. We destroyed our lunch that day. They offer many different lunch items each day, so check to see what you may like on a given day. Oh yeah, and be sure to order that fried chicken if you can!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
“I think they have the best value for a Plate Lunch on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

What a great family owned market. We like to order the day before for next day pickup. We take our carry out back to our Lanai to enjoy it with our great view of the ocean. They have great chicken but my favorite is the LauLau. It's a must every time we're on the island.

Visited February 2012