“Can I kiss the cook?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hukilau Lanai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Can I kiss the cook?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Eureka! Best food on the island of Kauai. This restaurant is farm to table the freshness and quality surpasses my expectations. I wish I would have found this treasure sooner. My husband and I ate here on a Sunday and we wanted to eat here every night after. The restaurant is closed on Monday so we booked another reservation on Tuesday. It was well priced and the flavors exploded in our mouths. My husband ordered the Mahi Mahi pasta twice both nights with the Caesar salad. I had the lasagna one night with goat cheese salad and the meatloaf the next time with the pineapple gazpacho soup. I miss the fresh flavors. Food is so good I wanted to kiss the cook.

• Visited September 2012

Prince George, Canada
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our food was amazing. There was even a gluten free menu for a family member and very accomodating for our 1.5 year old. Very enjoyable.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“No other restaurant in Kauai compared.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I am an avid follower of tripadvisor but never take the time to write a review because I feel it is a waste of my time. This restaurant is so good I feel the need to share with everyone, we stayed in Kapaa for 4 nights and dined at this place twice. The Adam's poke nachos were to die for their lobster curry bisque was so good I could only laugh when i tastes it and all their fish was so fresh and delicious no other place compared. The service at Hukilua Lanai was just as exceptional if you eat at any restaurant while in Kauai please dine at this gem!

Washington
“Best meal of the whole trip!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

After much deliberation and trip advisor checks for the ' best restaurant' I found myself coming back to the reviews of Hukilau Lanai and saw they had a five course small meal with wine paring for $40. Thought this was perfect for a sample of what the island had to offer. Made reservations the same day and got there early @ 4:30 for a cocktail. We pulled into the parking lot and realized ... This was the very hotel we had stayed at the last time we were in Kaua'i 21 years ago for our honeymoon! Lots had changed since then but we had ate at this very restaurant! It is one of the few remaining original buildings that has stayed the test of time , with updates and remodels of course. The bar has has really interesting mixes. I had a Citrus Buzzzzz with
Limoncello, local honey, a kiss of guava & lemon squeeze YUM. I cannot RAVE enough about
the wonderful meal we had! The Food and wine tasting was wonderful!!
Island Gazpacho with Koloa Rum Pineapple Basil Sorbet (~St. Gabriel Riesling Auslese, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Germany~
Candied Ahi ~coconut chipotle sauce (~Gazela Vinho Verde, Portugal~)
Sausage & Warabi char-grilled housemade longanisa, local warabi & tomato salad (~Torres Las Mulas Rose, Central Valley, Chile ~)
Fresh Catch on summer quinoa & kale salad (~Poggio Anima Sangiovese, Toscana, Italy
Artisan Cheese Duo Two cheeses, baguette, accompaniments (~Tonight’s Cheese Wine Pairing~)
OR
Big Island Vanilla Bean CrèmeBrulee, local vanilla bean custard, caramelized sugar (~R.L.
Buller & Son Muscat, Victoria~)
The wine was well paired and a good size pour, the food was so well prepared. Made me want
to come back the next night to try full entree. We left full , the dishes are good size, we couldn't even finish desert. Live music topped off this perfect night :-)

Great value , exceptional food , outstanding service and a beautiful patio setting. This one is a MUST!!!

• Visited October 2012
Ladera Ranch, California
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate here twice during our week on the island, that's how much we enjoyed it. Our first dinner we opted for the tasting menu and weren't disappointed. The sweet potato ravioli is fantastic and so pretty on the plate. I also loved the fish that evening. I believe it was a sword fish but the sauce that went with it was amazing. Our second dinner was equally as good. I would definitely recommend.