“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 105 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Pacific Rim
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: The Eastside , located in the heart of downtown Kapaa HI offers a unique Pacific Rim dinner menu featuring an exquisite selection of seafood entrees as well as steak, pork and chicken. Dinner prices range from $17 to $30 per entrée and offers a full bar and nightly music.
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Vacationing on Kauai is not cheap. We were accustomed to pricey meals, but this place...
They must be very impressed with themselves. I had dinner there one night last week with my two daughters. None of us were that excited with our meals. I mean, they were just ok, but for the price go to Kauai Pasta or the Hukilau Linai. Way better food for the price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas, United States
“Jaw Dropping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am not a big ahi poke person, but my husband is..I was going to get the ceasar but decided to leave my comfort zone... im so glad I did!! Ive never eaten such amazing and fresh tasting food. DoNOT let the short menu hinder you. Ahi, calamari, caprese surprised this Texas girl! Chef Shawn with his flops and board shorts came out to meet us and ended our meal with the amazing crem brulee. We will be returning on this trip and every trip to come!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Very Popular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Good food but a VERY popular place. Make reservations and go on an off night. The staff are running as fast as they can but can only keep up so much with that many people wanting to get in. Interesting dishes, big portions, and great presentation. If you go on a weekend at dinner just be prepared for a bit of a wait. Worth it though.

Visited June 2013
California
“Wonderful food and great presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband, two teen daughters and I just returned from dinner and were very impressed. We were looking for somewhere to eat when we stumbled upon this restaurant...the owner told us he had just gotten some Ahi in and as it was super fresh he had a great special. One of my daughters ordered the rib eye steak and absolutely loved it...it was so tasty. My husband had the Ceasar salad and the calamari. It was great and even had capers and grilled parmessan cheese. My other daughter had the ceasar salad and the ahi appetizer. She raved about it. I had the Ahi special. It was mouth watering. The presentation is also unbelievable. All in all this will go down as one of the best meals we have ever had. There were four of us and our bill was $117....very good for what we had and four people.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Koloa, Hawaii
“very nice owner, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

the food was decent. the menu is limited and small. the night we dined they were pushing ahi very hard as they had just gotten in a 300 lb. fish which was super fresh and tasty. there were about 4 different ahi dishes and specials to choose from. i do not eat ahi. i had a Caesar salad with chicken which was loaded with very juicy chicken but not too much romaine, very hard croutons, and a bit too much dressing which tasted a bit heavy on the anchovies. the other members of my party chose ahi and liked it very much although one said there was too much pepper crusting on the fish. not cheap--3 people, $100 bucks, and i only had a salad, which was way overpriced at $18. do you know how much romaine and chicken breast one can buy for $18? not a resto i would make a detour for. if one is up in Kapa'a and likes to sit in heavy traffic to get there, not a bad choice for food but certainly nothing spectacular.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere