“Good Food, great Music” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 114 Restaurants in Kapaa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Eastside , located in the heart of downtown Kapaa HI offers a unique Pacific Rim dinner menu featuring an exquisite selection of seafood entrees as well as steak, pork and chicken. Dinner prices range from $17 to $30 per entrée and offers a full bar and nightly music.
“Good Food, great Music”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Thats where it ends. The service is terribly slow and although the food is good it's way over priced. $115.00 for two people for dinner sharing a salad and sharing a desert.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommend by the owner of our lodging accommodations. First good sign. It was very crowded with many locals to be seen. Second good sign. There was love misic. We were hooked! Waiting about 15-20 minutes for a seat. Not bad for a Froday night. The band was great: check out shawnpa.com. Our dishes were delicious. I had the mahi mahi and my husband ordered the pork. The lava dessert came highly recommended and I agree.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Most importantly to me, the food was amazing. We ordered the calamari based on other reviews and they were right - it's original and fantastic. My entree was potato wrapped Mahi with pesto mashed potatoes and wok sautéed vegetables. I wanted to lick my plate. My husband had seared ahi tuna and loved it. We ordered the apple pastry desert which was seriously amazing, again very original.

The decor and atmosphere is not as nice as I'd prefer especially considering the food is more gourmet and expensive.

Our waiter was friendly and mostly attentive but I was not blown away by great service whatsoever. The bartender was a bit of a smartass when I asked about a bathroom (they do have one but you have to go outside and up some stairs - there is no signage inside the restaurant to indicate this).

Overall I enjoyed the food so much that I didn't really care about anything else and I'd definitely go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Branscomb, California
“Fine dining in Kapa'a”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Saw this place as we were heading north to Princeville, Hanalei area and then read some reviews on TA and have to say, we were NOT disappointed! Very nice ambiance and the tables with the Japanese fish art was a nice touch. The tangerine martini was very good (asked for it with Gin - no problem) ordered a caeser salad with fried capers and it was very fresh and tangy. Also had the shrimp and scallop spring rolls, yummy! Hubby had the potato wrapped mahi- mahi. He said it was a little undercooked for his taste, although the pesto mashed potatoes made up for it. Alll-in-all, a very nice experience. We only eat seafood, so the menu was limited, but very tasty and if you're looking for something more than "pub-grub" a good choice.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We heard good things about the Eastside so were anxious to try it out. The food was fine, a little fussy and overpriced, but that's to be expected in a beach town. The service was terrible, the waiter was rude and seemed put off that we were there. We brought a bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary, maybe that's what put him off. He didn't offer us any other drinks when our champagne was seemed in a hurry to get us out. The tables are cheap plastic tables, and our rocked. There was live music and the singer was cute and had a lovely voice. It was not a friendly atmosphere, and compared poorly to other restaurants we went to on the island.

Visited January 2013