Me and my wife stayed here for our second week of our Hawaii trip. The first week was on Maui. The best way to describe this place is that it is not luxurious but comfortable. We stayed in a one bedroom garden view room. This is a timeshare resort so if you are not a member you will not get a ocean view room, they are reserved for members only.The unit itself was comfortable with all the home away from home stuff you need. It had a full kitchen with refrigerator with ice maker, dish washer and stove top oven. Good size bathroom with an over under W/D. Decent sized L/R and B/R. Both with a flat screen TV and DVD player.The bedroom and living room had sliding glass doors that led out to a small balcony. The only problem with this was every time you opened the L/R sliding glass door the A/C turned off as an energy conservation item. Another thing I noticed about the unit we stayed in was every time we came in to our room from being out for awhile their was an odor we smelled as soon as we opened the door but then it either went away or our noses got used to it after we were in our room for a couple of minutes. I also noticed this odor in the hallway. Kind of like the rugs were real wet at one time then dried and got a moldy smell. The unit itself like other condo resorts only offers full maid service once a week but does offer trash and linen service everyday. But if you need anything else the staff is very friendly and courteous.I felt bad for the guy who handled our luggage we were on the second floor and the building had no elevator. The grounds of the resort are spectacular. Whoever is ahead of their landscaping should be rewarded for the excellent job he does. Their is a pool and hot tub with a pool side bar and grill and gas grills if you want to grill yourself. The pool is not very large but it doesn't have to be since this resort is only big enough to hold about a hundred guests.The resort is on the beach but you can't go swimming because their really is no beach since it is all rock and no sand. So if you want to go swimming on the beach you have to go a couple minutes down the road to a public beach. Check in was quick and efficient. Their is a restaurant off the lobby and I highly recommend dining here because the food and service were excellent a little pricey but worth every penny. Also since this is a time share resort they will try to sell you a time share but they are not pushy about it. If you go to the concierge and try to plan some events you can get some good discounts but you must go to a time share presentation to get them. We did this and got about 200 dollars in discounts and when we went to the presentation we were able to to say no and walk away after 20 minutes.Their was no pressure. If you want to go shopping to stock up the kitchen with food their are a couple of food markets just up the road one is a Safeway. Remember food in Hawaii is expensive but the liquor was pretty cheap. Get your self a Safeway card when you go shopping and you can save some money. Their is a small shopping center in the same complex as the resort it has a couple of bars and some stores to buy souvenirs and gifts. They have a store called The Whaler this is where you want to buy your t shirts and hats because they are very inexpensive.
So if you want luxury, elegance and all the extras you will want to stay somewhere else but you will probably pay more. If you want comfort, convenience and could care less about extravagance then stay here. It all depends on want you want in a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst swaying coconut palms, plumeria blossoms and tropical landscaped grounds, Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy is a beachfront resort perfect for relaxing and soaking up the sun. Step outside and take a dip in the new swimming pool with natural rock formation waterscapes and oceanside Jacuzzi. Pamper yourself with a massage at the full service spa on site. Enjoy fresh Seafood, prime rib and Pacific Rim cuisine at Hukilau Lanai restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean. When you stay with us you’ll find studios, and spacious one and two bedroom accommodations with private lanais, your favorite watersports, lush flora and fauna, and some of the most dramatically beautiful scenery in the South Pacific. Looking for your perfect Hawaiian getaway? Discover Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Coast Resort At The Beachboy Hotel Kapaa
- Kauai Coast Hotel
- Kauai Coast Resort Beachboy
- Beachboy Resort
- Kauai Coast Resort Beach Boy
- Kauai Beachboy
- Kauai Coast Resort At The Beachboy Kapaa