OK, first in full disclosure, I am a Shell Vacation Club owner and this is a Shell Club. Although my home base so to speak is on the Big Island and this was my first time to this resort or Kauai.
Now, on to the review. First, this is NOT an all-inclusive resort, so don't expect it, but it has everything you need.
1. Location- I think it is perfect. The coconuts shopping plaza is across the street. You are right near downtown Kapaa which has 3 supermarkets, drug store and many restaurants all within less than a 1 mile radius and could walk to a lot of them (which we did). The location in Kapaa I thought was great. Within 30-40 min you could get to Poipu in the south or the North beaches in Princeville and Hanalei bay. Close to airport as well. Also, from what wqe saw of the island, the most reasonable places to eat were in either Kapaa or Lihue/Kalapaki area (10min away).
2. Amenities. The pool was real nice and a great hot tub. The pool has a nice water feature. It also had a sand pit area for kids to play right off the pool. 2 big gass grills at pool for all to use. In addition, the old Tennis courts were turned into a outdoor lounger with fire pits.
3. Restaurant. The Hotels restaurant we did not eat at but is the #1 ranked place to eat on the Island by TA.
4. Rooms- We stayed in a 1 bedroom. Nice bathroom and excellent functional kitchen which had been completely upgraded. Rooms had fans and AC, both worked well
While I would not call any of these negatives, these are things you should be aware of if you are going to book there
1. There is a small fitness facility (1 universal equipment station, 2 treadmills, an elliptical and a bike). Rarely used so crowds not a problem. There is no other outdoor sports there (tennis, shuffleboard, BBall court etc....)
2. The beach there is quite rocky and not really made for swimming. Lydgate park is less than a mile or two away so you can get there easily (but would have to drive).
3. Be careful of the local birds. One of the little suckers stole a whole waffle of our plate, talk about leggo my eggo :)
4. If your room faces the inner courtyard by the pool, it could get a little loud with noise from the restaurant. THis is usually closed on Mondays and they had a big private part that night and it did get loud. However, was quieted down by 930, so not too bad. Just something to consider depending on where your room is.
5. There is no separate kids club or kids play area (arcade etc..) that I saw or heard of (My kid is 13 and we were out and about, so didn't need it) so if this is a must have, this would not be the place for you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst swaying coconut palms, plumeria blossoms and tropical landscaped grounds, Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy is a beachfront resort perfect for relaxing and soaking up the sun. Step outside and take a dip in the new swimming pool with natural rock formation waterscapes and oceanside Jacuzzi. Pamper yourself with a massage at the full service spa on site. Enjoy fresh Seafood, prime rib and Pacific Rim cuisine at Hukilau Lanai restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean. When you stay with us you’ll find studios, and spacious one and two bedroom accommodations with private lanais, your favorite watersports, lush flora and fauna, and some of the most dramatically beautiful scenery in the South Pacific. Looking for your perfect Hawaiian getaway? Discover Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Coast Resort At The Beachboy Hotel Kapaa
- Kauai Coast Hotel
- Kauai Coast Resort Beachboy
- Beachboy Resort
- Kauai Coast Resort Beach Boy
- Kauai Beachboy
- Kauai Coast Resort At The Beachboy Kapaa