KCR is a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly and extremely attentive. We had some issues on arrival, but they were resolved as soon as it was possible. We stayed in a one bedroom garden view suit, but still we had some view of the ocean.
The property is very well maintained and beautiful. In fact this was one of the reasons we picked it as last year I stayed at the neighboring Courtyard Marriott, which wasn't this well kept. KCR is above average.
We had the option of no daily cleaning, yet we received a stack of clean towels every day as well as the garbage was taken out. It was perfect as this wasn't bothering anyone even if we were hiding in the room from the rain. I've got the impression that the rooms were thoroughly cleaned normally. Ours was definitely nice and clean on our arrival.
The problem we had was with the sofabed, it was addressed immediately, but they do seem to be ready for replacement. Otherwise everything worked fine in the room, which was very well equipped even with washer and drier, so we could leave half of our stuff home if we knew.
The resort is walking distance from the Coconut Market Plaza, which is very convenient since the restaurant is open only for dinners and even then it's a bit tough to get a reservation as it is a top rated Kauai restaurant - well deservedly.
Bigger groceries and shopping areas are 5-10 minutes drive, so the location is excellent from that perspective.
The beach looks nice but not quite for swimming. Considering that a bigger/second pool would be nice as kids and adults don't always mix well in this respect. The current pool is very pleasant, the right temperature for just hanging around and kids do so as much as their parents let them - rain or shine.
Overall it is a great place to stay on the East Coast for a relaxing vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst swaying coconut palms, plumeria blossoms and tropical landscaped grounds, Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy is a beachfront resort perfect for relaxing and soaking up the sun. Step outside and take a dip in the new swimming pool with natural rock formation waterscapes and oceanside Jacuzzi. Pamper yourself with a massage at the full service spa on site. Enjoy fresh Seafood, prime rib and Pacific Rim cuisine at Hukilau Lanai restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean. When you stay with us you’ll find studios, and spacious one and two bedroom accommodations with private lanais, your favorite watersports, lush flora and fauna, and some of the most dramatically beautiful scenery in the South Pacific. Looking for your perfect Hawaiian getaway? Discover Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Coast Resort At The Beachboy Hotel Kapaa
- Kauai Coast Hotel
- Kauai Coast Resort Beachboy
- Beachboy Resort
- Kauai Coast Resort Beach Boy
- Kauai Beachboy
- Kauai Coast Resort At The Beachboy Kapaa