“ATVing -things to know prior to going” 4 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Kalaheo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: All terrain vehicle tours of Kauai.
West Springfield, Massachusetts
54 attraction reviews
“ATVing -things to know prior to going”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

- guide was funny and included everyone so we felt like a group. it was slightly larger group than I would have thought would have been more intimate if it was smaller
- it was great having borrowed clothes and not getting our travel clothes dirty
- WEAR watershoes!! to jump in waterfall it was good to have that extra traction
- Don't be expecting a huge waterfall, but it was awesome all the same, great place to cool off
- tour consisted of young couples and older folks- everyone seemed to have a great time
- lunch was actually pretty good- sandwiches, drinks and chips
-as a novice ATV driver, it was relatively easy! would perhaps recommend pants since exhaust gets hot.

Lancaster, California
“Great zipline tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great zipline tour. 8 ziplines total--3 are 1000+ feet. The last one is 1/2 mile long! Our guides, Jordan & Butters, we're a perfect blend of fun & professionalism! Their gear is fine & every zip has a nicely constructed launch and landing area (no ladders like some outfits! There's a small hike between some of the zips, but they have logs/cut-in steps to help out. Would do it again!

Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
51 attraction reviews
“Must do tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A wonderful idea for a tour in one of the most pleasant cities in Hawaii. Be prepared to get very dirty and have a lot of fun. The stops at the waterfalls were a highlight for me and going through the dark tunnels was fun.
The lunch was basic, but were we had lunch was very nice. I would have liked a bit of time to just go nuts and have a bit of fun, but there were a few mud buggies in our group and can imagine how this could have been dangerous.
The views were spectacular and you get to cover a lot of ground on these things.
Highly recommended, as long as the wife doesn't drive - then it is just dangerous LOL.

Visited November 2012
Italy
“A great adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Booked this on line and had a great time. We had a small group (4 people) which made the journey more enjoyable than a really large group might have been. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable, providing us with tidbits and insights on what we were seeing. We'd do this trip again. Highly recommend this.

Ontario's Near North, Canada
13 attraction reviews
“A "not so neat" experence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I spent 10 days in Kauai and experienced the island by land, sea, and air. I will review each excursion individually so please look at the others if you are planning on spending some time on the Garden Island.

The ATV tour is something that appeals to the kid in everyone. Who doesn't like bombing around on dune buggys or ATVs getting dirty? The day we went was dry and had been for a few previous days so the mud was not as plentiful as others have experienced, but the landscape, views, and hill climbs were very good and a great way to see a different view of Kauai. Our tour guide was funny but perhaps a bit too chatty. He did offer some unique insight into the spots we stopped at, including some hollywood history and WWII stories about munitions bunkers. We took the 4-hour waterfall tour, but after the instruction briefing and dire warnings about behaving or being kicked out, the actual time in the seat was less than 2 hours. I found we stopped a lot during the tour for "group photos" which they tried to push you to buy at the end for $30.00. While the stops included some interesting history and views of the tunnel, Jurassic valley, water falls, and bunkers, I found we spent too much time talking about it and not enough time driving through it. Our tour also included lunch at the waterfall. The lunch consisted of a sandwich, chips, cookies, and a drink. The sandwich was good, and swimming in the falls was fun for our small 8 person group but I couldn't imagine being there with a larger 20 person + group. I found the terrain we went through suitable for a novice ATV drivers but is a bit tame for experienced users. The ATV/buggys were well used but overall in safe condition even though our buggy had brake issues. As soon as I let the guide know about the issue the owner immediately came out and exchanged our buggy for one with brakes. I appreciated the quick attention to it but was not impressed with the owner himself as he didn't even say hello to the group when he arrived.
Overall, this tour is an expensive one and for what you get I can say the value is on the mid to low end of the spectrum, having said that, the 4 hour tour was really a 2 hour tour but was a fun and enjoyable way to spend a morning. In the wetter season I imagine this is probably a very muddy tour so you will appreciate the clothes they supply so as to not ruin your own clothes, or mess up your rental vehicle.
Some words of advice ... Closed tow water shoes are your best foot wear and DO NOT buy their $9 bug spray. The check in people will tell you the bugs are bad and the spray is a must, but I didn't encounter any mosquitoes and have been told the same by others.