“Zipline is incredible” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #5 of 13 Attractions in Kalaheo
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: All terrain vehicle tours of Kauai.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Zipline is incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Must do the zipline through Kauai ATV company. Went out with Derrick and Jess and had an amazing time. Tried to show the pictures to people and it didnt do it justice. The guides were fun, knowledgeable and safe. Great job guys, cant wait to see you next year. Las Vegas crew, Tim, Lee, Megan, Sammy, Tony, Trevor, Melissa, Ted/Tim.

Visited December 2012

Roselle, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just went on our fourth trip (over several years) with Kauai ATV. As always, a great time. We did the waterfall tour which takes you well inland through the old Koloa cane haul tunnel and then down (and up on the way back) the steep and twisty "Trails" on your way to the waterfall / lunch area.

You start at the old Koloa sugar mill. The first 15 minutes is in a test area ocean-side of the mill to make sure everyone can handle the vehicles. This is also the only part of the trip where you get ocean views. Then back past where you started and in to the interior. Except for passing under the main highway at one point, you will be completely away from civilization throughout the trip.

The tour has two guides. One up front and one usually bringing up the rear (occasionally going up ahead to take pictures of us passing by). The guides have a repair kit with them so minor mechanical issues (e.g. flat tire) can be handled in the field. A stuck in the mud ATV during our tour was quickly handled by the guides and we were back on our way in moments.

I prefer the individual ATVs although it does look like the two-person Mud Bugs are popular with couples (be prepared to argue over who does the driving; but of course those are also great for families with young children too young to drive). There are also four-person vehicles for families.

Visited January 2013
San Jose, California
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

First of all, you need to be prepared to get dirty. There are warm showers to wash off at the end, of course. But, I do not recommend wearing your best clothes when you attend. Also, there are lockers for you to store your belongings and they give you clothes to wear over yours in order to keep yours clean. Furthermore, ask for HILARY! She is the best guide there and is absolutely hilarious. She was the most significant reason why we enjoyed the trip. The views of Kauai are absolutely stunning and the part of tour in which we see the sites where movies were filmed (such as Jurassic Park) is very enjoyable. I definitely recommend it! :)

Visited December 2012
Linden, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“I did something dirty in Kauai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was my first time driving an ATV. You have the option of a one, two, or four-seater ATV. I chose the one seater. The tour was 11 miles both ways with a few stops alng the way for sight-seeing. There was a small waterfall and swimming hole where we had lunch(part of the tour package). There was the shooting locations for Jurassic Park as well as other films.

The tour guides were very helpful and informative. You can get very filthy if there is a lot of water on the paths, hence the title. Don't worry though, they give you clothes to borrow so you don't mess yours up. They supply the helmet and goggles and kerchief to keep the dirt out of your mouth.

I will definitely take the tour gain next time I'm on Kauai! It was so much fun.

Visited October 2012
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Get Dirty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We won a buy one get one free ticket from our resort. I have to admit I was skeptical because I am not a highly adventurous person. I warned my husband to drive carefully and miss the holes and water! (I was too scared to drive my own unit.) After we did a short sample trip, we had the opportunity to not continue. I told my husband, "I'm continuing, and you can hit the biggest holes you can find!" We had a blast! Excellent tour and tour guides. It was wonderful to see the back country.
Next time I'll get my own machine!!

Visited May 2012