“Seaview Suite” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Seaview Suite

Seaview Suite
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalaheo
Seaview Suite
3913 Ulualii St, Kalaheo, Kauai, HI   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Kalaheo B&B and Inns
Caledonia, MN USA
“Seaview Suite”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Our experience was quite unlike the review I just read. The only condiments were salt and pepper. The floor plan was quite good, but everything was shabby and had only a surface cleaning. The kitchen did not have a dishwasher and only had a single sink. There was no washer and dryer as was advertised. We never saw the owners but knew they had been in our suite when we were out. We could not recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
SeaviewSuite, Owner at Seaview Suite, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
This review came as a complete surprise. In nearly twenty years, this is the first time anyone has mentioned cleaning in a negative light. To the contrary, most guests compliment Monica for her meticulous attention to detail and cleanliness in general. We do not advertise a dishwasher in the suite. There most certainly is a washer and dryer, as we built a new laundry facility in November for our guests’ exclusive use. We try not to intrude on our guests’ privacy, and occasionally will not meet them, as in this case. Some like things that way, while others come to our door or call on the phone. Had they called or knocked, we would have told these guests that the laundry is under the Seaview Suite lanai. We would also have shared any condiment they needed, if they had asked. We did enter the suite one time only, to discreetly retrieve the lodging payment they left for us.

We feel that we offer clean, comfortable lodging for a very reasonable price. Upon meeting our latest guest she stated as much, and complimented us for the many personal touches we include as well.

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Santa Cruz, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Hope this gets posted. I just found out that Seaview Suite is now on tripadvisor. We stayed in the larger 4-5 person Suite since we like to have a lot of room. Monica, the owner was so helpful with information about places to go in the area, drawing little maps for obscure beaches and recommending eateries. The King bed was super as was the oversized bathroom. There was always some fresh fruits in a basket when we arrived and lots of condiments and cooking supplies in the kitchen which was great if you want to cook. You don't have to buy all the little things like you do in the condo rentals. We stayed here a total of three times and would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
san jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Idea location for local beach access (Poipu being the closest), and relative short drive to both west side or east shore. The town is an old Portuguese town with mix of natives and mainland implants but all pretty much locals, not at all like the north shore tourist places.

The studio I rented is very simple but is clean and in a very quite neighborhood. In fact the only noises I heard were from cattle, chicken, and unfortunately fellow travelers staying in the same house but talked into the night with open windows. Well, nothing a pair of ear plugs won't fix :-) The owners were friendly and took good care of the house both inside and outside. There was not really any services to speak of, but no different from any vacation rental or timeshare.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

At $75 a night the Ti Room is a great budget choice for the single traveller or a couple. It's a small bachelor and could use some updating, but is fully equipped for cooking and has a lanai that looks out onto a wide expanse of grass with a distant view of the ocean. It's located in a residential neighbourhood up in the hills of Kalaheo which offers a nice respite away from the tourists and resorts of Poipu. But it's only a 15 minute drive to various beaches and close to Koloa, Hanapepe and Waimea.
Monica and Steve, who live in a separate part of the house, were very friendly, yet unobtrusive, and responded to any requests right away.
Some more pluses:
• BBQ on lanai
• Towels, boogie boards, chairs etc for the beach
• Phone
• Free wi-fi
• TV and iPod dock stereo
• Squeaky clean floors
• Comfy king size bed
• On site recycling
• Great outdoor shower with ocean view!
There is a full size fridge right next to the bed and as I'm sensitive to noise I wore ear plugs for the first couple of nights, but after that I barely noticed it. There's also a larger suite for $85 I believe.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

I stayed in the Ti Room for a week and a half. This is the smaller of their two guest apartments - the larger one upstairs is suitable for a family. This was downstairs. This one was perfect for a solo traveler (or would also have been completely adequate space for a couple.)

The clean and attractive efficiency apartment had everything I needed for cooking all my meals during my stay, a king-size comfortable bed, nice bathroom, small table with two chairs, large closet (no dresser, but the closet sufficed), small tv/dvd player. The lanai had beautiful views of the ocean and rural land through palm trees. Sunsets were beautiful! Both suites are attached to the owners house, which is in a very pretty and convenient, quiet, residential neighborhood. Based on a previous stay in Kauai, I had been specifically looking for a very quiet, homey, place where I could cook my own meals. I also needed a pet-free, smoke-free environment. I also wanted a place within 15 minute drive of beaches for swimming and snorkeling. Most places with the cooking I wanted either were larger and more expensive, or had pets. This was perfect for my needs. While the smaller of the two units, both the west and south facing walls were almost entirely windows, so it was light and airy and a lovely space to come home to. Near great beaches, hiking, boat trips and more.

I barely saw my hosts - we communicated by phone if a problem came up (which in my case were a couple of power outages - both brief and not any real problem. I'm not sure if this is a function of the island's electric in general or that the wiring is older). They were friendly and responsive if needed. They did leave me 3 excellent guidebooks, and since I'd already spent time on the island, I was more than set to explore without needing further guidance.

Contrary the other review I saw on here, the only "critters" I saw in the unit were geckos, which were actually cute (and I quite appreciate them as they eat mosquitos and other insects!) I was also there during a dry period. In my previous experiences in Hawaii I had insects whenever there was a lot of rain, so that might be a problem if it had been rainier.

At $75 a night (and there is a discount if you stay at least a week, which covered my cleaning fee and a little more off as well) this was a terrific value. It's not a "luxury" suite, but that's not something I needed or wanted for my vacation. I would have given it 4.5 stars if there was a way to do that!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We stayed in the Seaview Suite while hiking in the Waimea Canyon area.

The Seaview Suite was spacious and comfortable, with a view of the sea from our lanai. The suite is attached to the owners house, which is in a pretty residential neighborhood. The neighborhood is quiet, with almost no streetlights. Thus, it was calm and peaceful at night. I found the bed to be comfortable. Our hosts provided us with an assortment of Hawaiian-related foods (e.g. chocolate macadamia nut candies) when we arrived. We barely saw our hosts during our stay.

We saw a two cockroaches and lots of ants in our suite, but this seems not to be uncommon in Kauai in general. The suite information provided by the hosts said that they will take additional measures to get rid of "critters" for guests who indicate they are queazy around "critters."

Tip: If you stay here, use the directions that the hosts provide, and don't use directions from google maps. Google maps gives much more complicated directions than are necessary.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Seaview Suite? Share your experiences!