“Great breakfast eatery!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
“Great breakfast eatery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for some local flavor for breakfast, not just a bagel here or a resort spread. This place had some regular items but some Hawaiian flare! I got the tropical French toast and my husband got nahili omlet (loved it...spelling might be off!!!). Seating was crowded but if you are patient it's worth the wait!!!'

Beaverton, Oregon
“Cozy, unpretentious cafe with great fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I were staying in Poipu last week and had grown tired of heavy hotel food so we tried the Kalaheo Cafe on recommendation of our guidebook. An easy 10 minute drive led us to this cute and down-to-earth cafe. We were seated inside but there is covered patio seating also.

I was in the mood for something light and fresh so I ordered the spinach and greens salad with a filet of ono (fish). Although on the pricier side for a salad, it was just what I was looking for. Nice greens with strawberries and candied nuts, with a delicately prepared piece of fish. The ono had a nice light touch of Cajun seasoning and a lovely texture.

My husband opted for a chicken sandwich, which I can't describe in as much detail, but he said it was very tasty and finished all of it.

We were too full for desert but my husband enjoyed a cup of their coffee. They even happily offered him a to-go cup so he could take a second cup with him if he wanted.

I would definitely recommend the Kalaheo Cafe to anyone looking for a non-touristy, fresh and tasty meal. We will be back next time we're in Kauai!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Our regular breakfast place in Kauai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Best value around for breakfast. From either Poipu or Lihue it's only a short drive, or if you are on the way to Waimea it's a must stop. They also do lunch and dinner on select nights. Ample size portions, with both traditional dishes plus some unique island flare (great Portuguese sausage).

Honolulu, Hawaii
“I live the atmosphere but a little pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I love coming here but prices are going up so the price-value relationship is getting slightly out of balance. But I still like it here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bluffton, Ohio, United States
“Great atmosphere, service, and friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had the furikake encrusted ahi with thai chicken curry soup and finished up with the apple pie. What an amazing experience. Great flavors. Great service. A definite "go to" restaurant on Kauai!