“Captain Don - Honesty and Integrity” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 13 Attractions in Kalaheo
Type: Tours, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: With Captain Don's Kauai Sport Fishing and Ocean Adventures you can catch mahi mahi, dorado ahi, yellowfin tuna, waho, ono, marlin, sharks, amber jacks, barracuda, giant travalie and much more. The best part is you will catch these amazing fish while cruising the tropical coast of Kauai.
Yorkton, Canada
“Captain Don - Honesty and Integrity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I never got to meet Captain Don in person have only the best to say about him. Being from the Canadian Prairies, I know little about deep sea fishing. When I called Captain Don to book, I mentioned catching a blue Marlin. Captain Don was very open in explaining that it was definitely possible, but should not be an expectation. He could offer all kinds of other fishing opportunities. I really appreciated his honest approach and went ahead and booked two outings for Aug 6 and 8.

As luck would have it, Hurricane Iselle started on track for the Islands during our stay and we booked flights home before our fishing adventure could take place. When I called Captain Don to cancel, considering the circumstances, he immediately offered no charge on either of the trips.

When I get back to Kauai, Captain's Don's will be my first choice for a fishing trip! His honesty and fairness wins my vote. I'm pretty sure he can deliver on the fish too!

Visited August 2014

Detroit, Michigan
9 attraction reviews
“Fishing and feeding the fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Been on many charters and Captain Don and Austin really did well. We caught 2 Tuna and a "wahoo ono" (Sp ?). We went on July 2 and the Ocean was rougher than i expected but Captain Don warned me, i didnt listen and i fed some fish (LOL). So basically i get the assist on all the fish caught (i provided the bait). My cousins husband caught the biggest fish and cant wipe the smile off his face. Captain Don and Austin were great to spend a few hours and had good laughs and a great time. Thanks Donny, hope to do it again.....

Visited July 2014
“Yellowfin Tuna, You Betcha!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My son Jackson (12) and I booked a shared half-day package with Captain Don on short notice and set out at 6AM on June 25, 2014.

I suppose we were in the neighborhood of seven miles out when the first (of two) very large (est. 120 pound) fish hit lure #6. The fight ensued for about 45 minutes. All six on board took turns before bringing it in. That's enough fun for a day you'd think, but you'd be wrong!

Less than 15 minutes later my fish hit lure #1 and this beast fought for about an hour. Those on board who weren't feeling some seasickness also took turns. This man fought us all very hard for the better part of an hour(est. 150+ pounds). My arms felt like linguine when the fish was finally gaffed and plopped on board. As I type this early the following morning, I can barely support the weight of my iPhone due to my soreness. BooHoo, right?!

I estimate that of the 4 hours spent, a good half to 2/3 if it was spent either fighting or admiring a catch.

If you want some "tuna action," (and guys who doesn't), "hook up" with Captain Don and his first mate Austin, especially in the Summer months (May-Aug) for some great tuna sport fishing off the coast of Kauai. You might not land a 150 pounder, as I did, but if they're out there, Don is one of the best guys around to find them.

Mahalo and Aloha, Captain Don and Austin!

Dwayne Schiller
Pflugerville, Texas

Visited June 2014
Santa Rosa, California
“Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Captain Don and Austin were amazing! Very experienced fishermen and knew how to get us into plenty of fish. Let us take home as much as we wanted and was great with my 8yr old son.

Visited May 2014
Yelm, Washington
“winna winna, Mahi and Ahi dinna!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

It took us 10 years to find a keeper fishing guide for our biannual trip to the garden island, and Captain Don with his first mate body guard/bouncer Kelvin takes the torch from here on out. Don's boat is as close to jumping in your own boat with friends back home. No drama, just good laughs and a great time....priceless after a few days of enduring hard sells cloaked as "adventures" to tourists. Book direct with Don, visit as a temporary local, and relax without the Mexico flashback that has no place on our garden island.