An amazing place to stay that is very close to nature and real (old) Hawaii! Hanalei Colony Resort is in Haena, near Wainiha Bay. It is close to "the end of the road".
We've always eaten at the restaurant on site, Mediterranean Gourmet, which is our FAVORITE restaurant on Kaua'i. Having been to the restaurant, we were always intrigued by the condo type accommodations at HCR and wanted to stay there. We stayed 3 nights and we wish it was longer....
A terrific location if you want Northshore Kaua'i. Close to the Kalalau Trail, Ke'e Beach ("the end of the road"), Tunnels Beach and Haena Beach Park. Also close to Limahuli Gardens -- which is a must see National Tropical Botanical Garden.
The staff at HCR is incredibly friendly and warm. Excellent concierge. Beautiful grounds. Relaxed feel. Lovely swimming pool. Great spot for rugged, rustic, unspoiled beach walks. HCR is not air conditioned but the ocean breeze and cross ventilation as well as ceiling fans makes it delightful.
We had a fabulous stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai's only north shore beachfront resort is nestled on a gentle curve of white sand beach. These spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath condominiums with complete kitchens are magically serene and bounded by Kauai's untamed beauty. Gourmet restaurant, day spa, pool, hot tub and coffee shop are all located on the beautifully menicured grounds. Located at the gateway to the famous Na Pali coast, Hanalei Colony Resort is totally unspoiled, unplugged and unforgetable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hanalei Colony Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Colony Hotel Hanalei
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai