We spent four nights here recently. The location on the north shore is spectacular, and we liked the relative isolation and simplicity of the place. It's a place for quiet walks on an isolated beach, not to see and be seen. Proximity to Tunnels and Ke'e beaches is great, as well as the Kalalau trail.
Stock up on groceries before you arrive (there's a grocer in Hanalei that isn't terribly expensive, but I'm sure Lihu'e has better deals). The resort has gas and charcoal grilling available, which is a nice way to stay outside a little longer.
The rooms are large but quite simple. I think the price is a little steep, but it sure is nice to hear the waves from your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai's only north shore beachfront resort is nestled on a gentle curve of white sand beach. These spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath condominiums with complete kitchens are magically serene and bounded by Kauai's untamed beauty. Gourmet restaurant, day spa, pool, hot tub and coffee shop are all located on the beautifully menicured grounds. Located at the gateway to the famous Na Pali coast, Hanalei Colony Resort is totally unspoiled, unplugged and unforgetable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hanalei Colony Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Colony Hotel Hanalei
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai