“Cover does not equal book!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Hanalei
Chattanooga, TN
“Cover does not equal book!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Because of its looks/location, if this were in my hometown, there would be NO WAY I'd eat sushi from here. BUT, it's the north shore of Kauai and this place is fantastic!

I had a poke bowl with fresh ahi, rice and vegetables. The only way to describe it is fresh, fresh, fresh and delicious.

I'm glad I tried it and would go back in a heartbeat!

Visited August 2014

Hermosa Beach, California
“Great little sushi stand on the way to Tunnels/Kalalua Trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

First off all, this isn't a normal restaurant; it's a window next to a general store off the side of the road on the way to Tunnels Beach. That's fine - we were just surprised, so don't plan for a sit-down dinner!

That aside, the sushi here is great, and we came here twice during our stay.

I don't even like sushi back in CA, but this was more edible to me than your standard LA-area sushi. They have about 5-8 rolls to choose from and 3-5 sides. My wife absolutely loved the quinoa - be sure to ask for "yum yum" sauce.

Shout out to the sushi girl herself, who was very helpful and friendly.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kentucky
“Awesome sushi!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have eaten sushi all over the US, Caribbean, and Mexico. THIS is some very very good sushi. A must stop. Special thanks to having an entire gluten-free menu.

Fishers, Indiana
“Great Sushi on your way to the end of the road!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had a wonderful sushi, tea, and seaweed salad. The sushi was super fresh from a giant tuna just reeled in that day. Sushigirl is super friendly and efficient, not sure of her name. It is take out only and found in the same building as the last little general store before you hit the end of the road, Kee Beach. Open 12-8pm. Thanks Sushigirl!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Illinois
“Ok sushi for a tiny place staffed by one fairly young girl”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The sushi was ok. Not great, but nothing to write home about. A 10 piece roll is $12-15. We did not try the sushi burrito. The idea of putting a tortilla around a sushi roll is not appetizing to me. We has the beach, the spicy t, and the legend. It was all ok, not horrific like the one bad review here. I think people like the idea of a young girl having this business and doing it well better that the sushi itself. The girl, I think her name is Taylor, is very quick, organized, and customer oriented.

Visited July 2014