“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Good service but the food was a let-down. Scallops came in a bath of water and oil and didn't look very appetizing at all. They tasted ok but the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus was very tired, didn't taste fresh. Fish was prepared with too much oily batter and the 'steak fries' were just your typical frozen wedges out of a packet.

We had a lot of fantastic meals in Hawaii, this was not one of them.

Visited February 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Still Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I first ate at the Hanalei Dolphin several years ago during our second trip to Hanalei. We ended up eating there three times.
We just returned to Hanalei and to my pleasant surprise, the Hanalei Dolphin was still open and serving good food. We went back a couple of times for lunch. This is a quintessential Hawaiian experience with nice views of the river. My favorite dish is the fried shrimp burger.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frisco, Texas
“Head to the sushi bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I reviewed this place a couple of years ago and I am happy to say that the quality is still top notch. Once again, I need to say that this is for the sushi bar and not the main restaurant.
Chef Jeff behind the sushi counter was awesome. I let him make whatever he wanted and it was fantastic. They also had Hamachi Kama (the collar of the tuna) both times I went there this trip. What a treat that is! I'm almost hesitant to say that, as most people don't know what it is and never ask for it. Jeff, thanks for two great dinners!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
dana point
“Typical Hawaiian faire”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have to admit I had the chicken and not the fresh fish because I was fished out. My dish was average. My husband and friend had the ahi and appeared to like it. Service was good and friendly. I can,t say I was wowed but certainly wasn't totally disappointed either. If I were to go back, I would try the sushi or fresh fish.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Concord, Ohio
“Great sushi & pulled pork special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Get there early for best choice of rolls! It's 1st come wins!
Loved the towels they had for sal there.

Visited January 2014