“I had high hopes.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 37 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Pacific Rim
Description: Our relaxed and spacious second story, open-air restaurant has a great ambiance and best picture taking views of Hanalei's mountains and waterfalls. Visitors and locals come time and time again for Bouchon's Pacific-American menu that's filled with a great selection of fresh homemade pupus, local caught seafood, teriyaki chicken, ribs and a premier sushi bar second to none. The famous Copper Bar serves up everything from soft drinks to Saki, including our very popular Mai-Tai. Located in the heart of Hanalei, we have the perfect gathering place to enjoy with family and friends.
Redmond, Oregon
“I had high hopes.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Bouchons is a nice place, but really pretty average. The found is fairly ordinary, nothing wrong with it, but not special either. Best to get a window seat even if you have to wait, the people watching is great.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
jedward84, Owner at Bouchons, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
We're not sure what you ended up having for lunch, but we have a diverse menu with many different options. From fresh caught seafood entrees to a variety of sushi, and great bar service, we feel like we do have something special to offer. Thank you for your feedback, though!

speechoc
“Average sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We did not find any of our sushi experiences in this part of kauai stellar. The sushi here was not bad but nothing great and a little overpriced. We have high standards for sushi and have enjoyed across the u.s. so maybe we expect a little more. The mai tais were good and had quite the kick.

Visited May 2014
jedward84, Owner at Bouchons, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
While we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Mai-Tais, it's too bad you weren't more impressed by the sushi you tried here. Our fish is delivered fresh daily, and we try to use the best ingredients we can get our hands on. If you have any more specific feedback on what you thought could have been better, please let me know.

Mahalo,
Bothell
“Nice lunch place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great seafood, convenient location, reasonable price for lunch. Fun to watch the fellow tourists if you can score a table on the edge. Service was prompt and friendly.

Visited November 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Good...but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Went there for lunch. Had a table facing the mountains and street below. Casual atmosphere...but felt more like a chain style restaurant menu. My husband enjoyed the fish and chips. I decided to have the crab cakes that a few reviewers said were so good. To me...they were very bready....nothing special. The ones I had in Poipu at the Beachouse were, much, much better. Fine restaurant for a casual lunch or casual supper.

Visited May 2014
Woodinville, Washington
“Average food, poor service = NO TIP!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We were in Hanalei and decided to stop for lunch at Bouchons. We remembered our dining experience from May 2012 and thought we would stop again. The place was busy for a Saturday and we were seating at the window. Our server Tyler seemed overwhelmed and didn't have his head in the game. He took our order after I motioned him over. My soon to be wife ordered the chicken and chips, and I ordered the rib and chips. The meals were fine. Another waiter delivered our food and we never saw or heard from Tyler for the rest of our lunch. I asked another wait staff for a refill on my tea and never received it. Customer service should be the first priority for a restaurant. We were sadly disappointed in the service and expected more. The tip reflected the poor service. Please pass this along to your waiter Tyler, poor service equals an equally poor tip. We wouldn't recommend dining here with an understaffed restaurant, there are other options for patrons.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
jedward84, Owner at Bouchons, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I'm disappointed that we let you down last time. Thanks for your candid feedback about your meal with us. While it can get hectic in here on the weekends, that's no excuse for poor service. -- I'll talk to our staff to make sure we're paying good attention to our guests. That said, I'm glad you still enjoyed your food.

Mahalo nui Loa!