“Great family lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 37 Restaurants in Hanalei
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Pacific Rim
Description: Our relaxed and spacious second story, open-air restaurant has a great ambiance and best picture taking views of Hanalei's mountains and waterfalls. Visitors and locals come time and time again for Bouchon's Pacific-American menu that's filled with a great selection of fresh homemade pupus, local caught seafood, teriyaki chicken, ribs and a premier sushi bar second to none. The famous Copper Bar serves up everything from soft drinks to Saki, including our very popular Mai-Tai. Located in the heart of Hanalei, we have the perfect gathering place to enjoy with family and friends.
vancouver
“Great family lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hanalei was busy and there were no tables on the grass by the road. A good thing actually, as trying to have a relaxing lunch with toddlers playing by a busy road is impossible. As I looked around I spied a restaurant on the second level and headed there because I was so hungry. My husband was not convinced and wanted to look around some more at all the other places.
We ordered a chicken burger, beef burger and chicken strips for the kids. Service was good and fast and there is a hostess who refills water glasses. The place is dated, but it was cool inside with the fans on and we had a booth seat.
For $40 total we had a good burger, the kids chicken was in panko crumbs and looked yummy and we had a nice rest before going to Hanalei Bay. If you are a couple the tables overlooking the street look fun too.
It's not fancy, but the food is good and it's great if you have kids and want a rest. The server was friendly and brought paper and crayons for the kids.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
“Best Mahi Mahi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great view of the mountains and great food. The best Mahi Mahi that I had on the island! We were a little early for their dinner menu but the cook was nice and let me order from the dinner menu early. Boy was I glad. Good service though nothing to write home about

Visited March 2013
New York
“Good luch spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

good lunch place.. casual with decent food and decent prices.. good burgers and ribs..only beer in the afternoons ( non cocktails) but the service was friendly and good.

Visited March 2013
Camano Island, Washington
“Great View, Great Sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Seated right by the open-air window, we had an awesome view of the rain forested mountains and all the people-watching we desired. Kitchen was accommodating to my GF requests, and grilled a plain chicken breast for me without the teriyaki marinade. We also had the non GF coconut shrimp, which my husband thoroughly enjoyed. The outstanding part of the meal was our sushi appetizer. They have an excellent selection with two sushi chefs (how can they afford that?) who made me California rolls (I'm a sushi-wimp) with real crab, and no imitation gluten-filled substitute. Sushi was excellent, fresh and with great wasabi. That filled me up so I had no hankering for a dessert. This place has a big bar, so I suspect a lot of their business comes from there and from the sushi bar; but we were pleasantly surprised with our dinner. It was relatively quiet, but we are early diners. Would return again, and focus on sushi, but I bet my husband would still want that coconut shrimp--a favorite of his!

Visited February 2013
Ziimmerman
“Kauai Fav restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We found Bouchon's in the middle of our vacation and had to go back for a second time as it was our most favorite restaurant. We went for lunch and we were able to catch a table looking out the window at the mountains where you could spot waterfalls after the rain. The Vegas rolls are to die for. The fish was fabulous and my kids loved it too. We'd loved grabbing a late lunch as the price was great and no crowd. My daughter liked it so well that she created a thank you note with the papar and crayons the provided and gave it to our server. This is a must check out for a nice quiet lunch!

• Visited February 2013