Kauai Outrigger Adventures/Free Hanalei Surf Lessons
808-212-5962
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing & stand-up paddling instruction, classes, & guided tours. Outrigger canoe surfing rides, Hanalei River cruises, wildlife & snorkel excursions. We have surf parties where we provide numerous activities at once for business functions, wedding parties, surf camps, or private parties. Seasonal Napali Coast camping trips are available. All ages and experience levels are welcome, everyone is guaranteed success. For the more advanced skill levels ask about our guided surf sessions. Highest accredited surf instructor in the world.
Sugar Land, Texas
18 attraction reviews
“Agreed...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Agreed....Ethan was superb! I signed up to learn to surf. I've never surfed before and Ethan worked with me for a full hour to teach me technique and get me up on the board. I'm 59 years old and surfed for the first time! i wanted to take a group lesson but I was the only one signed up for the noon time slot. No problem. It cost $10 more to be a single participant and let me tell you.... it was worth every penny. I got 100% of Ethan's time and really benefited from his instruction. He's fabulous!

Visited July 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect for First Time Surfers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I highly recommend surfing with Ethan. He taught 4 of us(2 guys, 2 girls) the proper technique to help us catch multiple great waves. He explains the technique on land for about 15 minutes and then explains how to read the waves and where the safest place to enter the water is. He emphasized safety through out the whole training and was always encouraging us to take our time as to not tire out too quickly. He was always making sure we had the best form possible, even when paddling back out to try to catch another wave. In addition to his knowledge of surfing he also provided the boards and rash guards. We were all able to stand up on the boards on the first or second time. Overall, we had a more than wonderful/exciting time with Ethan at Hanalei Bay. We would definitely contact him again if we're in Kauai. Thanks Ethan!

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
98 attraction reviews
“Ethan is THE BEST - Family Friendly, Affordable, Experienced, Encouraging & he gets results!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I would totally, totally recommend Kaua'i Outrigger Adventures. Ethan is THE BEST!
Today he taught myself, my husband and our 6 children ranging in ages 4 - 14 to surf.
I was amazed when my 7 & 8 year old daughter and son were surfing after their first try.
My husband & 14 year old mastered the skill quickly
Myself, 10 & 12 year old took a bit more tuition but Ethan was NEVER going to give up on us and we succeeded! Yay us!
As for my 4 year old, he surfed on Ethan's board and had a very happy experience.
Ethan has been a local for a long time and knows what he's talking about. He knows the surf conditions. He has been a lifeguard in Kauai and KNOWS the beaches.
He taught us in a great pocket in Hanalei Bay. Perfect & safe conditions and the best part was that we had that part of the beach to ourselves simply because everyone was swimming at the other end.
Ethan is also very generous with his time.
Forget the crowded beaches of Waikiki and travel to Kauai.
The scenery surrounding us could not be beaten!
This is not just a job for Ethan it is his passion! We're actually thinking of now going back and having Stand Up Paddleboard lessons too. He also does Canoe Surfing!
So, so, so impressed!

Visited April 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Definitely great fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We feel we had the best instructor on the beach today in Ethan. Our son Liam, age11, had never surfed before and was well on his way by the end of the lesson. Ethan is funny, knowledgable and easy to learn from. Will definitely tell family and friends!

- Shelli , TX

Visited April 2013
Victoria, Canada
“surf with Ethan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Definitely would recommend Kauai Outrigger Adventures.
Absolutely well worth taking a surf lesson with Ethan. What a great guy, and a great teacher. Great location of renting a surf board or SUP.
Thanks Ethan.