“What an amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 activities in Hanalei
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are an open air, modest, boutique Day Spa with a friendly Hawaiian feel. We are on the property of the 5 acre pristine beach front Hanalei Colony Resort. Owned by veteran massage therapist each team member is hand picked for their skill, experience and their communication skills. Our staff is dedicated to providing consistent excellent customer service and we are always looking for ways to improve!We have 4 treatment rooms in spa, 2 couples rooms, (one is beach side and one in spa). Two full bathrooms with 'rain' shower facilities. Guests frequently indulge in an Authentic Hawaiian experience with beach side Lomi Lomi Massage. We offer a wide variety of therapies to suit individual needs and couple's needs; Deep Tissue Massage, Ayurveda Warm oil Massage, hot stones, and scrubs, to name a few. Since we are a tropical climate, our spa 'robes' are generously sized unisex batik sarongs. We offer fresh water or tea to our guests and have an on site wellness boutique to serve you! Our pricing is affordable! We offer many types of massage therapies, yet our pricing starts off with a basic massage, the accompaniments (or specialty massage) are an additional charge most are an additional $10 per person per hour. Deep tissue, Lomi Lomi, Beachside (weather permitting) and pre natal massage are an additional $10 per hour per person and Hot stone integration, conditioning hot oil treatment for hair/scalp, Sun- burn relieftreatment, glove exfoliation treatment with gloves to take home with you, hands/feet exfoliation and spot anti cellulite treatment are an additional $20 per person. *Beachside is offered weather permitting for every one's comfort. Spa manager is a seasoned practitioner of Ayurvedic medicine, so we have the unique opportunity to offer Ayurveda's premiere cleansing and rejuvenation program called Pancha Karma. Typically guests stay on site at the Hanalei Colony Resort during their 5, 7 or 10 day rejuvenation retreat. Cancellation and change policy: We have a 72 hour change or cancellation policy. Otherwise, you will be charged at full value. Same day spa appointments are non-cancellable and charged fullvalue if no show. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments encouraged!Directions: We are 15 minutes past Hanalei town, (on the ocean side). Turn into the Hanalei Colony Resort, follow the u shaped driveway we are close to the ocean. We are looking forward to pampering you!
Anchorage, Alaska
“What an amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

Just got back from Kauai. Spent a morning getting a beachside LomiLomi massage from Shoshana. She was AMAZING. I've gotten (really) hundreds of massages and her bodywork was by far the best. If you are looking for a fantastic massage in a beautiful location..this is the place to go!!

New York, NY
“Natural Healing on Kaua`i!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

Darci, her treatments, her Staff, her Spa, and Hanalei are the best parts of Kaua`i and I highly recommend to ANYONE who wants a completely unique and custom healing experience this is absolutely the place!

(That included even arranging the best time to work with me as she was always very considerate of my schedule and my energy levels)

During my time visiting Kaua`i (which took place over a 4 year period) I explored mostly all of what the island has to offer and in general throughout Hawai`i and from at first, in even just talking to Darci I learned to feel my body and be in touch with it in a new way... and from there it just got even better!

What began as a seemingly chance meeting... I didn't even know Darci or this kind of work was out there... has grown into a deep appreciation I have for her, her healing wisdom and lastly I must say that she is truly one of the kindest and most gentle souls on earth.

Thank You Darci & See you soon!
G

Santa Cruz
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect Massage and Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

I've had messages at the Hanalei Day Spa on a number of occasions while visiting Haena and Hanalei over the past 3 years, and I can't recommend this experience highly enough!

Darci and her wonderful aloha-spirited staff consistently provide the nurturing touch of true healers, and the setting (especially the outdoor A-frame structures back near the beach) are simply second to none. The sounds and smells of the sea and of the jungle, and, of course, the expert healing energy through massage have made me feel like I am floating OVER the table by the time they are done with me. And that does not happen often in my experience.

In fact, on one particular occasion, I must say that I have had the BEST massage I have ever experienced in my life here. And I do not say that lightly. Those of you who take massages with any regularity know that someting like this is the result of a combination of factors all coming together at the same time... and that is exactly my point: This place has the potential for that unique, "other-worldly" type of healing experience. That is a beautiful thing!

Topped off with a nice refreshment and/or delicious meal at the Med after your massage (right outside the door!), you will have a completely indulgent experience to remember, I promise you.
Simply put, fr my money, this is Paradise at it's best.

I so look forward to my next visit to the Hanalei Day Spa on the Garden Isle!! Thank you, Darci!!

Tempe, AZ
“Gratitude for Years of Experience!! and Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

Years ago I began to recieve many blessings of Health and Happiness in my life from the Hanalei Day Spa that assisted in creating the Empowered woman that I am today. Specifically the owner Darci Frankel. The abundance of care and support mixed up with a wealth of knowlage was helpful for me to take action in my life to find a clearer balance of spirit, mind, and body. These experiences with the Hanaleal Day Spa, The Ayurvedic Center of Hawaii have truely enriched my life in a Whole-listic way and will always have me revolving through their door. The treatments are worth every penny and the Therepists are truely the cream on top.
THANK YOU!! for everything, words of encouragement and growth may you recieve in return!!!
Thank you to all the Staff and To DARCI.
What a wonderful COMMUNITY you created!!
Blessings!

bellingham, was
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

I had a hot oil Auruvedic massage there and it was fabulous. the people we're very friendly and "aloha". I felt sooooo nurtured and taken care of. I could hear the ocean in the distance and smell the salt air. Ths spa is on the far north shore of kauai in Haena and almost on the beach. It is very small and intimate. There is a great restaurant next door also. Highly recomment getting your massage there and then going down the road to Ke'e beach for a swim at sunset and then coming back for dinner.

s