This place is incredibly relaxing. The views from our large lanai allowed for both a mountain and ocean view. The proximity to the ocean means that you can hear the ocean waves crashing onto the beach 24 hours a day, falling asleep to the sound of the ocean and waking to it.
Several wonderful beaches (Ke'e Beach, Tunnels Beach) are a very short drive away. We hiked the Kalahau Trail which also is just a short drive away. However, you could stay out on the lanai the whole day and leave refreshed and at peace with the world.
The only negative I can think of is that the furnishings and rooms were a bit dated, but really, that means very little when most of your time will be spent enjoying the ocean and beaches.
We found the nearby restaurant (Mediterranean Gourmet) to be absolutely terrific.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai's only north shore beachfront resort is nestled on a gentle curve of white sand beach. These spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath condominiums with complete kitchens are magically serene and bounded by Kauai's untamed beauty. Gourmet restaurant, day spa, pool, hot tub and coffee shop are all located on the beautifully menicured grounds. Located at the gateway to the famous Na Pali coast, Hanalei Colony Resort is totally unspoiled, unplugged and unforgetable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Hanalei Colony Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Colony Hotel Hanalei
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai/Haena, HI