My boyfriend and I stayed at the 4 seasons on Maui and were concerned about "downgrading" when we got to Kauai. We originally had reservations to stay at the Grand Hyatt but decided we wanted to stay on the north shore. A local recommended Hanalei Colony Resort when I called to make a boat reservation and promised i would not be disappointed. We arrived late and knew the front office would be closed. We gathered our keys and belongs and carried our luggage to our 2nd floor ocean view unit. ( we knew what we signed up for but at that moment in the dark night were really missing having a valet and bellmen). We settled in and went to sleep. The next morning, we woke up to the most amazing views and I suddenly forgot about all the amenities I thought I'd miss. Surrounded by the beauty of nature, there is no need for "fluff" here. On our last day, the resort started running a shuttle to local spots. We took the inaugural shuttle ride to tunnels beach for a few hours of snorkeling prior to our departure. The gentlemen running the shuttle new we had a schedule to follow and even came out to the beach to find us at pick up time. We say them later and they helped us with our luggage to thank us for riding the shuttle. Living on the east coast I thought a flight to Hawaii was something I would only do once. I will definitely be returning to Kauaii sooner rather than later.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Colony Hotel Hanalei
- Hanalei Colony Hotel
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai/Haena, HI
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai's only north shore beachfront resort is nestled on a gentle curve of white sand beach. These spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath condominiums with complete kitchens are magically serene and bounded by Kauai's untamed beauty. Gourmet restaurant, day spa, pool, hot tub and coffee shop are all located on the beautifully menicured grounds. Located at the gateway to the famous Na Pali coast, Hanalei Colony Resort is totally unspoiled, unplugged and unforgetable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hanalei Colony Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.