Kauai is a special place. The North end of the island is much different than the south end where the large resorts are located.
The North end is very laid back on the island that is the most laid back of all of Hawaii. Make sure you check out the Farmers Market. Very colorful and local produce can be purchased. The Farmers Market also has many vendors that are selling crafts for less than the local gift shops.
The Hanalei Colony Resort is off by itself on the North end of Kauai. It is an older property set up in a condo arrangement. The kitchen allows preparation of some meals which saves on the travel budget. There is a restaurant associated with the property, but it was expensive.
Out stay at the Hanalei Colony Resort was very relaxing. Nothing fancy, but it delivered good value for the money. This is not a place where you would stay for just one night. It is a property where you would stay for several days soaking in the local color and great weather. We had a much different experience at Hanalei Colony than we experienced at a Kauai resort on the south end of the island.
Kauai is famous for wild chickens wondering all over the island. The chickens are colorful, but can be very irritating when they start crowing at 4AM. We did not experience that problem at Hanalei Colony, because there is a population of “working cats” on the property that keep the chickens away. After your first trip to Kauai you will understand the chicken problem more clearly.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Colony Hotel Hanalei
- Hanalei Colony Hotel
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai/Haena, HI
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai's only north shore beachfront resort is nestled on a gentle curve of white sand beach. These spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath condominiums with complete kitchens are magically serene and bounded by Kauai's untamed beauty. Gourmet restaurant, day spa, pool, hot tub and coffee shop are all located on the beautifully menicured grounds. Located at the gateway to the famous Na Pali coast, Hanalei Colony Resort is totally unspoiled, unplugged and unforgetable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hanalei Colony Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.