This was our first stay at the resort and it will not be our last! This was an amazing resort for our family of four (3 yr old son / 9 yr old daughter). Plenty of beautiful trees, plants, lizards on the grounds and of course the beaches that are literally a stones throw away. Walking with our little ones onto the beach at 6 am was just breath taking...literally! The generosity and the love we felt from all the staff, including the landscapers and electricians was amazing! Really made our family feel at home and especially welcome! The location was AMAZING....away from the busy town life and tourists...just what our family wanted.
We stayed in H1 - ground level room with a little balcony that was just perfect for early morning tea and late afternoon cocktails before hitting up the pool and bbq! Great to air dry your swimsuits too!
Excellent to do laundry too before heading home- bring quarters to do yours too! $1.25 to wash and $1.00 to dry....pretty reasonable!
Mini fridge at the pool and spa was great too....sunbathe, swim, bbq and enjoy your cocktail, cold! :) Not to mention the HUGE KOI fish in the pond...we spent hours staring at them and Ka....such a cool setup! Thanks for the community pool/kiddie toys too....kept our little guy busy for a great amount of time!
Definitely grocery shop before heading into the resort- we passed up on the Costco trip and hit up Safeway and Foodland- had what we needed for the bulk and we added our favorite treats from Hanalei (town just about 15 minutes drive from the resort) ei: health/organic/fresh fruit/alcohol.
The Wainiha General Store -"Last Chance" had great popsicles too...last little stop/shop/sundries/alcohol/milk about 10 minutes from the resort too.
Bar onsite at the resort had great bartenders...wealth of knowledge and easy to talk too...killer gyros for that lunch you didn't feel like cooking! :)
This was a surprise trip that I planned for my husband and two children and they were very pleasantly surprised! We can not wait to come back...thank you so very much for the awesome time and so excited to share this fabulous secret....:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai's only north shore beachfront resort is nestled on a gentle curve of white sand beach. These spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath condominiums with complete kitchens are magically serene and bounded by Kauai's untamed beauty. Gourmet restaurant, day spa, pool, hot tub and coffee shop are all located on the beautifully menicured grounds. Located at the gateway to the famous Na Pali coast, Hanalei Colony Resort is totally unspoiled, unplugged and unforgetable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Hanalei Colony Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Colony Hotel Hanalei
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai/Haena, HI