A long drive (over one hour) from Lihu'e and over several one way bridges brings you close to the ocean for this remote island resort. Our flight was 5 hours delayed (see my review on Go Airlines) thus we came in at midnight and you just keep going on Hwy 560 in the dark until you see the sign. Coming in late was no problem as the office has a lock box which had our room key and a map. It is a walk and up the stairs for second floor rooms so carrying your own luggage is a must. Also, be sure and stop at the Safeway on your way out of Lihu'e. Open 24 hours with all the selection that you get on the mainland if a bit pricier. We even found our favorite champagne. The rooms are not new (built in the 70's) and there was a mildew smell when you first walked in, but the location was absolutely perfect with views and sounds of the ocean. The beach, just a few steps away, went on and on. Kitchen had all the utensils needed and grills outside were perfect. Four days latter we left wanting to spend a few more days for hiking and sunning. No TV's or radios but Wi-fi throughout so you could connect to the outside world. Grounds are very well maintained though the doors of the units are old hollow core and anything with metal (screen doors) are corroded due to the high salt concentration in the air. Loved the sliding doors that split in the middle so you could open it up to bring in the breeze off the patio. Lovely location for couples or families who want to spend time together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai's only north shore beachfront resort is nestled on a gentle curve of white sand beach. These spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath condominiums with complete kitchens are magically serene and bounded by Kauai's untamed beauty. Gourmet restaurant, day spa, pool, hot tub and coffee shop are all located on the beautifully menicured grounds. Located at the gateway to the famous Na Pali coast, Hanalei Colony Resort is totally unspoiled, unplugged and unforgetable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Hanalei Colony Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Colony Hotel Hanalei
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai/Haena, HI