This place is comfortable and affordable. We have stayed at Hanalei Colony Resort now four years in a row. We always seem to come during the winter time which is the windy season on the North Shore but still we love it. Sometimes it is even too rainy or windy to go to the beach so we just stay in and read good books. We really enjoy having no TV or radio or air-conditioning. You don't need it. The North shore is so lush and green and full of life. Staying out in the rooms facing the Ocean can sometimes feel like you are in the center of a storm but still warm and cozy. The rooms are clean and spacious. The kitchens are small but more than adequate. We usually stop off at costco for a full weeks groceries before checking in. Meals cooked in the room can be augmented with an occasional purchase or fresh poke in the grocery store or lunch from our favorite food truck,"the Hanalei taro and juice company". We especially love greeting Thumper the cat every morning when we go to the office to get the paper. it is wonderful to take early morning walks down to Tunnels beach to go snorkeling or a brief drive down to Kee'e beach at the end of the road, to lie in the sun, snorkel and occasionally feed the baby chickens from our lunch. With so many wonderful beaches the pool is redundant. There is LOTS to do and see on Kauai but for simple pleasure we love the Hanalei Colony Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai's only north shore beachfront resort is nestled on a gentle curve of white sand beach. These spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath condominiums with complete kitchens are magically serene and bounded by Kauai's untamed beauty. Gourmet restaurant, day spa, pool, hot tub and coffee shop are all located on the beautifully menicured grounds. Located at the gateway to the famous Na Pali coast, Hanalei Colony Resort is totally unspoiled, unplugged and unforgetable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hanalei Colony Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Colony Hotel Hanalei
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai/Haena, HI