I was expecting beautiful accommodations for the price we paid and the reviews I read. I was very disappointed. The Premium Oceanfront was smaller than we expected. There are no actual rooms, just accordion style doors that did not reach the ceiling and afforded very little privacy. The bathroom had rust on the fixtures and the bathtub was stained. Not what you would expect for such a highly rated hotel. Also, this area is very windy which makes it loud at night as the wind whips around the building (although there is not much the resort could do about this issue).
On the plus side, I will say the views were stunning. The pool area was also quite spectacular with two grills, nice tables and chairs, and a nice reprieve from the wind.
The onsite restaurant Mediterranean Gourmet was a pleasant surprise and we had a wonderful dinner here. And the location was good if you plan to hit the trailhead nearby.
However, In all honesty, I would not stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Hanalei Colony Hotel Hanalei
- Hanalei Colony Hotel
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai
- Hanalei Colony Resort Kauai/Haena, HI
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai's only north shore beachfront resort is nestled on a gentle curve of white sand beach. These spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath condominiums with complete kitchens are magically serene and bounded by Kauai's untamed beauty. Gourmet restaurant, day spa, pool, hot tub and coffee shop are all located on the beautifully menicured grounds. Located at the gateway to the famous Na Pali coast, Hanalei Colony Resort is totally unspoiled, unplugged and unforgetable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hanalei Colony Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.