“A highlight of our trip” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Windsor, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“A highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We did a catamaran tour of the Na Pali coast with snorkeling, and it was AMAZING! They've got a great island to work with for their adventure trips because the Na Pali coast is truly breathtaking. We saw a whale in the distance, and a ton of dolphins. We saw some of the dolphins sitting on the "trampolines", they were almost close enough to touch. The snorkeling was really fun! There wasn't a ton of different types of fish, but some of the group got to see some sea turtles. The water is beautiful and clear and the snorkeling gear is great! The crew was fun and attentive, and they helped me out when I got extremely sea sick. I was a little nauseous for most of the trip, but it was still well worth it (this is the first time I've ever been on a boat, so I will definitely be enjoying future boat trips with a little medication). It was beautiful, exhilarating, fun, and just a great overall adventure and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! The breakfast isn't that amazing (pineapple and little cinnamon roll pastries and coffee), but after getting sea sick I can see why they wouldn't stuff you full of food. The lunch was pretty yummy, but I ate mine AFTER we got off the catamaran (they were nice enough to keep my lunch refrigerated for me!). It was a great experience.

Visited April 2013

“Best part of the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Girls week in Kauai was fantastic! We chose captain andys sunset na Pali coast tour based off of a friends recommendation, I am so glad we did! I cannot say enough about how fantastic the crew was, Kurt, Roy, Hans, Monte made this tour more fun than I could have ever imagined or hoped for!
The views were amazing, the food great, the super attentive service and friendly conversation with the crew will make me recommend this to others and will bring our group back again in the future! Thank you for the great time!

Visited May 2013
Carbondale
3 attraction reviews
“Southern Star Na Pali Snorkel BBQ Sail”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Like the website says the boat is awesome. Nicest boat bathrooms I've ever seen, and the crew is super attentive. They watched us closely and were quick to assist when we wanted to move about the boat or wanted a drink. The lunch was the best boat trip lunch ever. There were fresh baked cinnamon rolls when we arrived, teriyaki chicken or burgers with yummy coleslaw for lunch. and fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. The captain is very nice and full of good information about the island. We saw whales (when my wife pointed them out), dolphin, and turtles.

That's the good part. Here's the rest of the story: heading to the Na Pali coast from this direction is very rough even on a fairly calm day. A sign at the office strongly suggests Dramamine. Eight of thirty people got sea sick (kids and older adults mostly). They stayed on the back of the boat. You didn't want to be there right then. Being in the cabin was also a bad idea. The windows do not open. So the seating was either on the bow (room for eight) and very wet, or with the captain (comfy seats but could not see forward). No shade unless you are in the cabin.

The snorkeling was a bust due to a lot of run-off from recent rains. Not their fault. They tried sailing, fused with the sales for forty-five minutes, then gave that up. Coming back, with the current, was easier, people started to feel better, but we arrived back at the dock exhausted.

Visiting the NaPali coast from this side is a long trip. When we took a boat that left from Hana lei bay a few years ago. It was way better. Just your average sandwich lunch but two good snorkel stops and plenty of shade in an open cabin. Captain Sundowns. They start closer to the Na Pali coast and are going with the current so the strip is easier. They sail a lot on the way back. Very fun.

ATLANTA
“One of a kind experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Kauai to celebrate our anniversary and planned a few excursions during our trip. All of them were great but this one stood out among the rest. Without a doubt the scenery is breathtaking, but thanks to our amazing crew of Anthony and Ted, this is an experience that we will always cherish. They were attentive, knowledgable (tons of fun facts!), safe, and experienced with taking the best camera shots. There were moments where the waters around the sea caves were starting to get rough, but with Anthony and Ted, we always felt safe. We could go on and on about the experience, such as swimming with sea turtles, but you would be best to experience this yourself and thank us later. Thank you Anthony and Ted for making this an experience we will always cherish!

-Fred & Jackie

Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Hang on for the adventure of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We chose the raft tour because we wanted to get closer to the Na Pali coastline. It was a bumpy sea day so we had to hold on tight. I would not recommend this tour for anyone younger than 12 and if you get sea sick, get the patch before you go. That's what I use and had no issues. our first stop was to snorkel and we saw a giant sea turtle and lots of beautiful coral. Then as we moved along we saw dozens of turtles swimming on the top of the water. It wasn't long before we saw whales in the distance even though it was past whale season. Our captain lowered a microphone into the water so we could hear the whales singing. It was memorable. We then went into some of the caves and received a thorough explanation of the topography of the dry waterfalls, etc. We visited an ancient Hawaiian village and had a nice lunch. We headed back seeking dolphin but came up short but then a huge shark swam right by our boat- so close I could've touched it. Captain Tony told us it was the first time they'd seen a shark- what a privilege. We were exhausted when we left but would do the same tour again.